Carbon V8 bonnet

griffith500user

Put it like this.....you would not want to let go of the nose cone or bonnet in a light breeze...you might never see them again:laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I measured my v8 bonnet with reflective shielding and mesh grilles and got 6kg. My bare carbon bonnet weighs 1.5kg :sun:

I don't have a nose cone yet......

• Like 3

I might have a contact that can knock a small quantity of these up if we get enough interest and supply a bonnet to make the mould. 

If he is willing to make a batch I will post a thread asking for committed members to gauge interest levels

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, griffith500user said:

I might have a contact that can knock a small quantity of these up if we get enough interest and supply a bonnet to make the mould. 

If he is willing to make a batch I will post a thread asking for committed members to gauge interest levels

I'm interested

4 hours ago, andy665 said:

I'm interested

Excellent, we just need ~+8 more.

What sort of price does your friend think they will be ?

would they be prepreg?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, terry everall said:

Put it like this.....you would not want to let go of the nose cone or bonnet in a light breeze...you might never see them again:laugh:

I have vouch for this :( 

1 hour ago, griffith500user said:

Excellent, we just need ~+8 more.

Interested 

but all comes down to how much they are going be 

I’m hoping to get an idea next week, I’ll post it on here once I know.

I know someone with a carbon bonnet and nose who would part with it , Carbon  Mods never fitted ....

On 10/12/2017 at 09:42, Rory's Dad said:

Dave - it's the nose that's different IIRC.

Photo below of Siltech Bonnet & Nose. Can see the twin side lines are not present, as on scuttle, so both different from standard westfield design.

59e63422995bd_BonnetNoseSiltech.thumb.JPG.dfcc46e7460ba3fa137c0dd374f4ca1b.JPG

On 13/10/2017 at 19:59, griffith500user said:

I’m hoping to get an idea next week, I’ll post it on here once I know.

Any progress with prices?

Aerodynamix can produce a V8 style bonnet in both GRP and Carbon without the rear NACA ducts. Our preference would be to wet lay and bag the parts this allows us to use a generous gelcoat layer on the part. (Better UV protection)

We can produce super light bonnet with a centre section of Kevlar for rigidity. Or Carbon Kevlar mix

Please contact NeilK@aerodynamix.co.uk or  NeilS@aerodynamix.co.uk

IMG_3565.JPG

IMG_3566.JPG

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.