Carbon V8 bonnet

griffith500user

Anyone know if there is a company producing these at the moment? I’ve emailed carbon mods and had a nice reply from them saying that their tooling needing replacing and that they weren’t going to get a decent return on investment so decided to withdraw their line. 

I would be really interested in one as I’m sure a lot of members would be also. 

Any ideas?

38 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

I think @Aerodynamix Ltd we're talking about it?

I’ll send them an email in the morning, thanks 

Im sure i remember siltech mentioning to me that they do one. If i remember rightly i didnt think it was too expensive for what it is

11 hours ago, chriss1455 said:

Im sure i remember siltech mentioning to me that they do one. If i remember rightly i didnt think it was too expensive for what it is

They do do a carbon bonnet, But it is a different shape to the standard Westfield one.

I thought Siltech Racing would have had a website but if I’m looking at the correct one it seems to be down?

They're a very small business. Most of their available time seems to be spent in the workshop.

For all the beautiful engineering they do, I rather suspect they regard the carrier pigeon as a dangerously modern form of communication.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, griffith500user said:

I thought Siltech Racing would have had a website but if I’m looking at the correct one it seems to be down?

Agreed, its a shame. You need to be part of a secret society to buy off them!

Siltech are a great little company IMO

I know someone that is planing on making some and has also made a Carbon Nose and planning on making more...........................

BUT, and there's always a but,

They'll be coming from Germany and by the time you have paid shipping etc, they wont be cheap.

If I can get enough interest I could have a word, but the Nose's and Bonnets are going to be between £700 to £800 depending on the exchange rate and taxes at the time. 

22237151_1477151095653387_1095013171_n.jpg

Do we have figures regarding the weight differences for nosecone and bonnet, GRP versus Carbon?

Thanks. I just looked up carbon mods but products discontinued. The weight difference they quoted was GRP nosecone 3.6kg and Carbon 1.2kg.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.