Thanks To Smokey Mow

Kevin (Mr T)

It happened without fanfare, but @Mark (smokey mow) has retired as Joint AO for the Essex Area.

By the time I joined the clan, Mark was busy with various projects that took up enough time to limit his appearances at meets, so our paths haven't crossed that often. However, on the occasions I have met him, he has always been interesting and engaging company. When I was looking for some help with information on the mighty crossflow, Mark was front and centre with exactly what I needed. He certainly "knows his stuff" when it comes to all things Westfield, reflected in the quality and detail when he responds to various questions on the Forum.

Mark assures me he will continue to meet up with us as and when he can.

I am sure that there are members of longer standing than me that would like to take the opportunity to thank Mark for his input and effort during his tenure.

Thanks Mark.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Kevin, it's been a pleasure serving the Essex Area as an AO and also the Club :t-up:

I'm certainly not planning on leaving the club anytime soon or for the forseeable future.  I've got a few projects in the pipeline which include finishing a house refurb and also the restoration of two JW4's.  I'm also halfway through putting a book together on the history of Johnny Walker's Racing Cars so I'm struggling to find the same time to give to the club that I have in the past.  

I consider many of the people on this forum to be my friends so I'll still be wasting my spare evenings on here and helping others as best I can.

• Like 4

So pleased to see you'll be sticking around Mark, looking forward to the next installment of the JW story!