Santa Run, Sun 3rd Dec, Peak District

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

19 hours ago, IanK (Bagpuss) said:

How do you know, I've not been wearing it on all my other Peak District runs

Nooooooooooooo just don't go there

Sounds like you just did, @Trevturtle, sorry :)

Oh yes @Trevturtle that looks just the job, indeed, part of the fun of this trip is decorating the car the day before, singing along to the radio in the garage (the husbands garage that is)

DSC02337.JPG

DSC02340.JPG

DSC02348.JPG

DSC02355.JPG

WATCH OUT FOR ANY GATE CRASHERS!!!

DSC02357.JPG

See you all in the morning

Mrs Excited

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Another excellent  day in the peak district. Where did we go? Started in Ashbourne... followed Julie... arrived home.   The boss will be along soon with details. Lots of twisting roads,  very warm weather,  food and friends.. who needs more. 

Oh and a rare picture ..two pictures!!   of the Glen unit

20171203172837-800x531.JPG.fbfe79f637ba47a410b0131022c2b41b.JPG20171203172839-800x531.JPG.0804040c545f2edab4f0b091ab9defd2.JPG20171203172832-800x600.JPG.6fc22b2d25afd8c188c3dc90fd32d73b.JPG20171203172838-800x531.JPG.b224787903a758980d1b42d054d09578.JPG

And lots of cleaning. 

20171203172843-800x531.JPG.21b98be0af53dd4f319c7109a3809ae9.JPG

• Like 6

Great pictures Santa Trevor, thank you for posting them.

DSC02365.JPG

We met Trevor (above) and Martyn and Sue, pictured below in Ashbourne, with Glen

DSC02364.JPG 

It was a warm day and these costumes are very warm, so when we go inside anywhere we start to overheat like a Zetec. Trevor came well prepared with his Santa T-Shirt.

DSC02372.JPG

We drove through the centre of Ashbourne, to Matlock Bath where we waved at all the bikers, through Matlock Town where the Victorian Market was on and then STOP. A Chatsworth traffic jam, so we took a quick turn left and I was delighted to divert down the Elton Esses to come back out in Bakewell, brill, then onwards, to our comfort break at Hassop Station Cafe, where a certain pink nose was waiting for us. Do you recognise it?

DSC02378.JPG

It was Ian and he had bought Bagpuss with him, a waterproofed Bagpuss that is

DSC02382.JPG

It was here that a little boy asked both Trevor and Glen separately if they were the REAL father Christmas, poor thing, he must have been confused with all this going on.

We continued our journey down Surprise View, which looked stunning in the winter sun, into Hathersage, around Castleton village square, smiled at the most miserable policeman in his car and into the Travellers Rest car park. This family had followed us and pulled up with us for a photo, they were so excited and it was our pleasure.

DSC02399.JPG

The Travellers Rest

DSC02404.JPG

We had lunch and then it was time to go and meet the Santa Train at Peak Rail. There were lots of family's there and they went barmy when they saw us, the staff were quite excited too. Glen was handing out chocolates to the kids, and notice the Christmas pudding on the front of the train. 

DSC02417.JPG

Somebody got told off for going on to the foot plate :oops:

DSC02419.JPG

We were too hot to sit indoors so we sat outside the station cafe and waved at everyone on the train as it departed, they loved it, we loved it.

DSC02421.JPG

We said our goodbyes and headed off home, that is when disaster struck, it was now dark, I was on an unlit twisty country road and my headlight fell off completely. It was hanging on by the wiring only. All I could do was carefully carry on, knowing that there was a hospice coming up on my left shortly. Santa and his blooming little elf pulled into the car park :laugh: and taped it back in position for the last few careful miles. Back home and it was the bracket that had sheared off, you couldn't make that one up could you?

DSC02425.JPG

Thank you so much to everyone, you really are a fun bunch of people to know, fun and a bit crazy, just how I like my friends. 

DSC02400.JPG

Mucky pup again

DSC02411.JPG

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Another great day. Even if it had a soggy start:yes:

thanks @Trevturtle for the homemade pre lunch snacks 

• Like 1

Sorry to read tinsel overload caused a headlight bracket to fail. I hope it’s quickly fixed @Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO

• Haha 2

I am hoping to get it welded at my local garage tomorrow. Hopefully back on the road very soon.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO said:

I am hoping to get it welded at my local garage tomorrow. Hopefully back on the road very soon.

Can't picture the bracket,looks like it''s off the car?

If so and you want it TIG welding if you post it to me it won't take me a couple of mins:sun:

Thank you @CosKev for your very kind offer, I will see how tomorrow goes and if it is not a quick, simple fix then I will take you up on it. Here is it pictured on the car, it is what the headlight sits on, just above the top wish bone.

DSC02424.JPG

• Like 1

To other areas... give this a try.

Other than the first minute when you  leave home..and you hope no one spots you:rolleyes: . It is great fun and seeing all the kids faces is 'good medicine for the heart' ... not a dull minute.

@Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO  panorama pictures?... and I may post a video ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Arriving home. 

885BB5E0-A3B9-4B5A-85D4-6CD22E8AA75F.jpeg

Putting flashing lights on the roll bar isn't so clever when you catch blue lights flashing in your rear mirrors at night :cry:

• Like 3