Zetec Silvertop 1.8 Shortened Sump

CrisisWolf

After a Zetec Silvertop 1.8 Sump which is shorter than standard - or advise on which one to get as new... hating the odd speed bump right now.

easy to fit? Did find fitting instructions for raceline. Seemed simple but very descriptive. Would have thought off with old, in with new and measure oil in and resmcribe the dip stick.

70% + Road Use

For a silvertop the sump is a straight swap as you retain the original windage tray. The pick up needs shortened though.

Mine is a Scholar item, which they used to make by modifying the original alloy one. They have stopped making them now due to supply of donor sumps I believe, so raceline might be the only option unless you can get the current one modified?

My understanding is that the dipstick measures oil height from the crank not depth in the pan, so no need to change it. Never used anything other than std dipstick on silvertop or blacktop with Scholar sump. Might be different for raceline?

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.