Gates Timing Belt

Yanto

About to change the timing belt on my red top, it is currently fitted with a Gates' powergrip one (5205-141x24) can anybody direct me to where I can buy one as I'm having difficulty just finding a belt.  The belt and tensioners were replaced only 2k miles ago albeit that was in Jul 2013, hence why i was just going to change the belt. 

Local motor factors should be able to get one of those. Was ~£15 at mine, compared with the £35 SBD wanted.

5025 indicates that it is a Gates Powergrip belt. The other numbers will indicate the dimensions of the belt.

Like Adam says, any local motor factor should be able to supply the same or equivalent.

Go to Parkers in Melton give them the numbers off the belt, details off the engine etc sorted...

• Like 1

There is a Gates distributor in Loughborough as well Flotec Industrial 01509 230100 Contact Julian Davis he may be able to help.

There is one on ebay, which I found just by googling VX red top cambelt and had the same part numbers . From a shop rather than private sell, but obviously I dont know how old it is and its £21 delivered.

Thanks for answers, never sure about stuff on ebay!

I will contact local factors and thanks @Snappy I will contact Parkers to make sure they can supply belt only.

Ian

21 minutes ago, Yanto said:

Thanks for answers, never sure about stuff on ebay!

Very true Ian, but showing that the numbers make sense and a quick google...............

All Gates belt in the after market come via the company I work for. As you have been informed give any good local motor factor that number and if they do not have it in stock, which is possible, we stock these. Always insist on a Gates belt IMHO but Conti and Dayco are excellent OE suppliers and supply quality parts

They will try to sell you the full kit but the belt is available singularly.

• Like 1

Eurocarparts also sell Gates and Dayco belts,  not always listed, so have a look on their website.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SootySport said:

Eurocarparts also sell Gates and Dayco belts,  not always listed, so have a look on their website.

You have to be careful with ECP as many times you will order a part assuming one make and another make will arrive, I am told by some people.

3 hours ago, jeff oakley said:

You have to be careful with ECP as many times you will order a part assuming one make and another make will arrive, I am told by some people.

Very true,   click and collect at the counter so you can see what brand your getting.

I put a INA timing belt kit on my zetec from euro's OE for the vw group

Ina buy the belt in. Ina is part of the same group as LUK and they use other peoples belts usually Gates, Conti or Dayco