That's a lovely shoe sir!

Man On The Clapham Omnibus

As the gender fluid fad grows and grips the country with its insanity, it strikes me that in order not to discriminate against those born with more or fewer than two legs (with or without feet) shoes should be sold singly. Likewise trousers and any other bifurcated or dual items of apparel. Golfers already buy their gloves singly; perhaps they're in the vanguard of political correctness! :sun:

2 hours ago, Man On The Clapham Omnibus said:

shoes should be sold singly..........in the vanguard of political correctness! :sun:

Every shoe shop I visit has only single shoes outside.

1 hour ago, DonPeffers said:

Every shoe shop I visit has only single shoes outside.

You clearly live in an enlightened area! :p

Pal of mine has odd feet , seriously one foot is size 9 t'other size 7 , he has to buy 2 pairs of the same shoe in different sizes and bin the unwanted pair :t-up:

There are shops and online suppliers of single shoes for monopods or unidexters such as Mr Spigot, so your chum should be able to get an unmatched pair from them. A woman I worked with some years ago had funny feet and used to go into London for a shop called (I think) Lefties. Sadly she was in her seventies in the 1980s so is unlikely to be able to confirm the name! If your friend buys decent shoes it must cost him a small fortune to double up his purchases. Sadly, my cheapo shoe outlet of choice has gone bust again - Brantano. :( 

No he buys cheapo Asda or street market stall crappy stuff , usually a brogue type thing , the sort that costs 4.99 a pair . what he needs is a foot friend or partner with the same sizes   but on opposite feet. maybe there's a club ( pardon the pun )  for them to join :)

On 10/10/2017 at 21:45, pistonbroke said:

Pal of mine has odd feet , seriously one foot is size 9 t'other size 7 , he has to buy 2 pairs of the same shoe in different sizes and bin the unwanted pair :t-up:

He needs to find a mate with the same sizes in opposite feet otherwise he could always try flea-bay..... bet somebody will have them!!

I would say returning the miss matched pair of shoes Saturday 9:00am  morning when the Saturday staff are almost awake would go undetected.   

Cheep shoes....   about a month back I realised I had left my good shoes at home and was about to go visit a customer.   Not wanting to go to town and rush buy more, or  drive home , found myself  In the charity shop 2 units down.  £2.50 later fantastic... dead mans shoes :) Pre broken in.. fantastic!   

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DamperMan said:

Cheep shoes....   about a month back I realised I had left my good shoes at home and was about to go visit a customer.   Not wanting to go to town and rush buy more, or  drive home , found myself  In the charity shop 2 units down.  £2.50 later fantastic... dead mans shoes :) Pre broken in.. fantastic!   

Please appoint Damperman our chief Brexit negotiator. This is the kind of flexible, pragmatic thinking we need.