Ah load of old tools

TAFKARM

As title. Standard OAP hoarder, all kinds of stuff. 

Do do people pay money for things like that or sling it in the skip?

(I have no emotional attachment to any of it)

It'd be worth a sort through I'd have thought- modern hand tools really aren't a patch on the quality of older ones, even if they don't look pretty

There's so much to go through Mike...no idea what's worth keeping!

Take a pic.. Put it on gumtree ebay etc say £1 gets you in to have a look amd each item is £2 all proceeds go to charity....

Freecycle it there is always some o e who will come and take the lot to try and sell on. 

There's a charity local to me that collects old tools and sends them around the world to developing and poor countries. 

http://www.twam.uk/

It is surprising what people collect, old woodworking tools wooden planes for example are sought after. It all depends on what you have. 

definelty some woodworking tools and planes in there!

12 hours ago, jeff oakley said:

It is surprising what people collect, old woodworking tools wooden planes for example are sought after. It all depends on what you have. 

this. escpecially old stanley planes no4s seem to be one of the more popular sort after items.

I spend a happy 10 minutes looking at the stuff a guy has at our local market. Some of it esp. the chisels are beautiful despite many years of use. All dirt cheap apart from the planes.

@RussH Careful about giving away old tools the collector doesn’t assume you’re part of the collection! :d:p;) 

@RussH if you are looking for a good home then I may be able to use some for my own personal use.

I am in Draycott this week but back in Chesterfield next week.