Is BTCC a better watch than F1..?

John K

I say YES...

Watching the racing from Brands today and it is bonkers mental racing. So close, so competitive, so much going on all the way from P1 to P20.

Did anybody see Round 1 Lap 2 when the Honda(?) headed for the tyres and the three marshals all ducked at the ssme time, proper LOL moment. 

And R2 L13 when Turkington bumped Moffat from P1 to P5..!

Genuinely exciting stuff...

It's like dodgems at the fair ground.

F1 rules.

3 minutes ago, bollockybill said:

It's like dodgems at the fair ground.

F1 rules.

Are you saying that just to be annoying..?

Because its working...

NO

YES :)

Both can be extremely exciting.

But BTCC package is more consistently entertaining.

The driving standards in BTCC are highly questionable but yes, I find it much more exciting than F1.

I used to follow it, but got out of the habit when the coverage bounced around the schedules horrendously years ago, and never knowing when it was on, you'd suddenly find you'd missed a blanket broadcast of three races, which because it is so competitive, would mean the leaderboard looked completely different! And you never knew where you were up to.

Never got back into it again. I don't even know what channel it is now, or when it's on.

Annoying really, as back in the eighties, nineties and early 2000's, I used to follow it on track too, at least with the Silverstone, Donnington, Cadwell, Oulton etc rounds.

I stopped watching BTCC when it became acceptable practice to push the car in front out of the way to get passed (not long after the RS500 days, late eighties). 

I like F1 and watch every race on TV, but I prefer to watch Australian V8 Supercars and MotoGP.

8 minutes ago, Rory's Dad said:

Group B was better than either of them IMO.

Fixed that for you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I always go to Brands to watch the start and finish rounds of the season and as many others during the year I can get to.

I also record it on ITV4 who have great coverage.

Proper entertaining racing!

Didnt think F1 was still going to be honest. No overtaking, no drama ( see Monaco apparently) . Wife recently said ' i need to go to sleep, so can you put the F1 on ?'  BTCC is great , nail biting stuff. All the cars are pretty close together with rules on TOCA engines and suspension, so really enjoyed the season this year. Yes, its a bit pushy , shovey, but with being so equal its going to be. Roll on next year with the Alfas too.