Boot box ideas

Kevin Pullen

Gents looking for some inspiration as want to knock something up over the winter, preferably with locks

mine is SEIW 

please post pics of what you have manufactured/bought 

More interested in diy ideas tbh £360  well take your money then get it built 

erm no thanks

Qualifies for interedt free credit now so no money to pay before receipt !

5 minutes ago, neptune said:

Qualifies for interedt free credit now so no money to pay before receipt !

Be interesting to see the t's and c's there; back in my High Street based day's, we used to do credit, and the finance companies had some very strict contractual boiler plate on our side, regarding the clients receipt of goods and the payment to us of the money.

I made this for mine with some spare wood I had, couple of yacht hinges, a cabinet lock and some faux leather to cover it. Cost about £20 and a weekend. It's not perfect, but it'll do. Planning on making a new and improved version out of carbon effect plastic over the winter

DSC_0016.JPG

DSC_0011.JPG

Just bear in mind, from others experience using the typical Carbon effect plastic sheet, it has a habit of sagging under summer sunlight, unless braced. 

I used some 3mm aluminium which I got power coated. Total cost was £40 inc. two locks and a long piano hinge.

Over the winter I'll be improving it by getting two locks keyed the same, adding a handle and water proofing the very thin gap between the two pieces of metal. I know a few people that have put some bars on theirs to act as luggage carriers and I might do this as well.

IMG_4350.jpg

IMG_4355.jpg

5 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Just bear in mind, from others experience using the typical Carbon effect plastic sheet, it has a habit of sagging under summer sunlight, unless braced. 

My wife has the same problem of a saggy boot box in the summer, but her jeans arent made of carbon effect :d

• Haha 2

Fat chap what hinge did you us, as thought about a Plano hinge but was worried about water ingress

thinking th ally plate is probably easiest and cover with black vinyl to match rest of trim