Westfield SIEW 1600 CVH (SOLD pending collection)

TomV

My car is a factory built Westfield 1989 SEIW (registered engine date) with 28k miles and is one of the first (if not the first) of the Ford CVH 1600 engined westies.

The car seems to have been initially used as an example of what the new  (at the time) engine type could do. I've got a few cuttings from magazine tests of this actual car, and interviews with Neil Roper (former F1 engineer) who built the engine. There's a lot of accompanying receipts etc too.

The engine was built by Neil Roper, the bottom end apparently came from a Formula Ford car (that's what he told me on the phone), it's got a fully gas flowed head, is dry sumped, has matched Italian twin DCOE side draught Webber 45s with K&N filters. It has independent rear wishbone suspension, a vernier pulley and has a number of "special" parts (for example the steering rack has "special" in yellow wax crayon written on it) and has a separate oil cooler. Without tearing it to bits I don't know what else has been done exactly, though it's fair to say that the cam angle is very aggressive, as is the compression ratio.  

The car kicks out about 130 -135BHP (from rolling road tests dated a few years ago) though I haven't verified that recently. It sounds great, and while it can be driven in traffic or around town, it's on open roads where she'll put a massive grin on your face (as well as pinning you to your seat). 

The car has an immobiliser, and I recently upgraded the lights so that it's not an absolute deathtrap in the dark (new reflectors, bulbs and glass). All of the tyres have tonnes of tread and the alloys are immaculate (a spare and spare carrier (not fitted) is included). The brakes are good, but can pull a tiny bit to the left when braking very hard. The car starts first time, revs very smoothly and pulls like a demented Stallion on acid. All gear changes are good and you even get a reverse gear. The seats adjust (a bit) and come with Luke 4-point harnesses and head rests. She has full wet weather gear as well as a tonneau cover. The screen has a demister, wipers and washers. There are also heaters in the footwells... though I can't say I've ever noticed them achieving much. The paintwork is in very good condition for the age, it buffs up nicely and the colour scheme is classic looking and attractive. 

I have had the car rolling road tuned, with the chassis, suspension, mounts, shocks and main structure checked over, locally repaired and repainted in the last 6 months. Along with that work I have changed the plugs, re-welded the shifter mounting, beefed up the drive shaft mounts, had the engine and Webbers re-tuned, and had the wheels, suspension and steering balanced. The car has not been used on the track or hill climbs by me, the previous owner said the same, I can't vouch before that. She has never been kerbed or in an accident.

There are no significant faults with the car, though inevitably there are some quirks. So the indicators and brake lights only work if the side or main lights are on. This has never been a problem for me as you want to be as visible as possible in this thing anyway. There's a small chip on the windscreen, a very slight oil leak (tiny, can't for the life of me work out where from and it loses so little I've given up trying to find it), there's some scuffing to the paint where the "doors" have rubbed. It will also need a new cam belt and oil change sooner rather than later. Also some of the upholstery in the footwell could do with being glued down again. There is also some slight degradation of the chrome around the light mounts, and a few signs of wear and tear (nothing specific)

The car is dry stored in a vaguely heated garage. 

Aside from the time that the exhaust mount snapped off (age related and easily fixed) I have not had a single problem with the car, and properly maintained I see no reason why she can't carry on for many more years. Though please be aware, this is not a modern car, and regular care and maintenance is inevitable. 

Sadly I need a new mountain bike and I can't afford both. Not getting fat comes first. 

I'm looking for £6500 OVNO. I'm based in Stroud and Bristol. Drop me a PM and I can give you my mobile if you want to ask anything. 

s-l1600 (5).jpg

IMG_2775.JPG

s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

IMG_2856.JPG

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (6).jpg

s-l1600 (7).jpg

s-l1600 (8).jpg

s-l1600 (9).jpg

s-l1600 (10).jpg

s-l1600 (11).jpg

• TomV changed the title to Westfield SIEW 1600 CVH (SOLD pending collection)

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.