Ahem "westfield For Sale"

Rusty Nuts

There’s an awful lot of work gone into that for a non road registered track car. And I don’t mean the laughably poor faux Westfield “vin plate” that looks like it was badly broken out of a normal plate from something else.

But there’s loads of custom little trim pieces, mounts, brackets and general “solidity” of build that you just don’t see normally on track nails. Someone’s spent a lot of time trying to make their idea of a well fitted out touring seven, including radio. (Not sure about the spice rack they’ve fitted to the roll hoop though!)

All of which makes me think it either has been road registered, but for some reason “lost it”, maybe written off? And it’s history is being, or has been, previously concealed. Or, it’s been put in for testing and failed catastrophically with little practical hope of passing and the owner simply gave up trying.

Is that actually a Westfield?

28 minutes ago, bollockybill said:

Not to my eyes - not even a pre lit looks like that. Looks very much like a 'book' Locost

Agreed, doesn't look like any I've seen. A flavour of Locost I'd imagine.

10 hours ago, bollockybill said:

It must be. It says so on the VIN plate!!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Nic (NICO) - Shropshire and Mid-Wales AO said:

It must be. It says so on the VIN plate!!

My vin plate says my car is 950kgs.

Lets be generous and say the seller may have bought that in the belief it was a very old Westfield and looking at the front suspension, that looks Westfield. The single tube on the drivers side is like an early one but after that everything is proportionally wrong. 

It is too wide for a narrow body as they are full size seats, tunnel is wrong. I would say it is made up of different bits from different types of seven type cars, there is a bit of MK and the body looks like a locost.

Too expensive in my mind but could be okay as a cheap track car for someone if it is reduced.

Pedal box is wrong, no visible master cylinder. Earlier cars had them up high. Scuttle area wrong, Chassis rails seem to thin round the engine, body contours all wrong, pintos used to almost touch the nosecone, unusual underslung exhaust, which wasnt made for that age of car is different , but most track cars would have a normal system. Why would you put music in a track day seven ? Love the tea tray on the roll bar. Top downforcing there !! best for hotdogs and coffee on a cold stop somewhere. Something just doesnt tick right. Someone built a Westie wannabee, maybe. Built it and thought it will never pass IVA/ tried IVA or SVA , made up a story and vin plate for a Westie , so here it is. 

Shouldn't Westfield get it removed from eBay or changed in it's wording. Thought they were understandably protective on the name?

I think the brake MC is low down and much further forward than you’re looking Justin, as it’s stuck on the end of a servo!!!

1 minute ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

I think the brake MC is low down and much further forward than you’re looking Justin, as it’s stuck on the end of a servo!!!

Dave, I thought I could see a servo on there, but wasnt 100% sure to be honest !!  Answers my question !! 

13 minutes ago, 6carjon said:

Shouldn't Westfield get it removed from eBay or changed in it's wording. Thought they were understandably protective on the name?

The MD doesnt answer emails from its buying customers, so sure he wouldnt give a flying fudge about it..........................:rolleyes: