LED Headlight bulbs

Scotty72

1 hour ago, maurici said:

I will love to see that bulbs...

I've tried two different models (one is identical to the one of the link ) and another one that actually was trying to look like an H4 patern... and none of them were very good defining pattern in an Std mx5 headlamp.

Can you please put the link of the lights you had?

how Was the lighting intensity?

The ones in the link above.  They can be turned to LHD or RHD. I found them to be a good 30-40% better than Philips extreme vision bulbs.

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/NIGHTEYE-H4-HB2-8000LM-LED-Headlight-Car-Light-Bulbs-High-Low-Beam-6500K-White-/272323554470?hash=item3f67bfaca6%3Ag%3AYeoAAOSw44BYITQD&_trkparms=pageci%3A83f30ddf-4c78-11e7-81c7-74dbd1805ac3%7Cparentrq%3A88f8a34a15c0aa48e5bc6589fffcf7f2%7Ciid%3A2

The largest upgrade on light for me was first replacing the 7” sealed beams with a haologen pair.   Then I found the fuse holder had got hot and the fuse plastic bubbled . Now I have relays with a designated feed.  The light difference is massive without needing to go as far as Hid or led.        

It’s a bit like war.   Now all standard production cars have mega white bright lights so in turn you need even brighter lights just to see.  

• Like 1

I must admit I didn't thing that the standard 7" Westfield Headlights were *that* bad.. I'm unsure of the history, but they appear to be standard sealed beam units. -  driving on unlit, minimal traffic country lanes/ roads.

The colour doesn't bother me, but I actually struggle with the factory LED headlights on my 2017 BMW.. they seem "very bright" very controlled beam cut off as you'd expect, but I struggle with detail, especially if its slightly damp foggy or raining, I get glare and more eye fatigue than a "decent" halogen setup.

The "Bixenon" HIDS on the old E46 M3 were brilliant. so I'm not sure if its a characteristic of all LED headlights, or the new BMW ones are just rubbish... It's mainly long distance penetration (hur hur) that lacks.

I don't think it's all LEDs. I have the 'intelligent' LED headlights on my E-class (W212) and they are by far the best headlights on any car I've owned, although I've never had more than HID low beam previously.

Quite happy with my LED headlights . Whiter light makes it more visible to numpties who dont look and see you. Gave a decent dipped beam compared to normal halogen and give an average main beam, but I live in a busy part of the country, so the times I am driving with that on, is pretty remote.

58 minutes ago, Thrustyjust said:

Quite happy with my LED headlights . Whiter light makes it more visible to numpties who dont look and see you. Gave a decent dipped beam compared to normal halogen and give an average main beam, but I live in a busy part of the country, so the times I am driving with that on, is pretty remote.

That was the main reason for my upgrade. Making myself more visible to those (numpties) who pay less attention.