Does anyone know this car or its history?

jimbobtcc206

Nope, but that does look very nicely put together in the photos. It’s also got some nice bits where it counts.

From a purely personal point of view, if it was me looking, I’d want to clarify that it was a spelling mistake on the gearbox and that it was a BGH. helical cut gearbox, not a straight cut box. (Had one of those for enough years, never to want another on a road car :laugh: ) But that’s just personal taste.

Fingers crossed for you, that someone might know it.

Thanks Dave, I love S/C boxes I know a lot don't but I had one in a road car (dog box) and I'd actually prefer S/C over helical if I got chance :-)

I went through a lot of email chat with the owner. He sure has a lot of history on it and it’s a very nicely put together car. 

I was going to view, and pretty sure I would have bought it. The owner is totally upfront about everything will send you any pics you want of any documents.

i got put off by the chassis thing, but he has all the proof needed. Was to much money for me!

Thanks for the info Stinky. That chassis swap is the reason I put this thread up to try and dig into it a bit more

7 minutes ago, jimbobtcc206 said:

Thanks for the info Stinky. That chassis swap is the reason I put this thread up to try and dig into it a bit more

Send Mark an email he will tell you the full story and show you all the evidence of the new chassis from Westfield, all the receipts etc

A long rebuild history is about par for a Westfield so don't worry about that.   He does seem to be upfront about how he went about it, seems genuine but only viewing the car and looking at the chassis documentation will prove it's worth.

Yeah, as I say, ran SC for over ten years, usually with a helmet, then helmet and ear plugs, when I realised too late that it had been a contributory factor to permanent hearing damage, (along with wind noise, induction noise and exhaust). It just crept up on me!

As long as there are the official receipts from Westfield on the chassis, no problem at all. The factory is incredibly, incredibly strict about these things, as indeed they should be.

Spoken to the owner and he was really helpful and open about the car and it's history. He advised the old chassis was handed back to the factory before they would give the new one with the original chassis number which sounds sensible. He has letters and receipts from Westfield to document this.

Got a Dropbox link to more pics and the build quality to the untrained eye does look good.....any thoughts from you experts @Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pgp6xj74wrd7vse/AAAsiGotpwzXKI6MFyE-V24ja?dl=0

I would need to spend a little on getting it how I want it so I'll have to go view it to see how it looks and how it stacks up with my overall budget.

Will have a look at the photos when I get a chance on a full screen, (rather than tablet), sounds like all the chassis replacement side of things is absolutely proper and correct though!

It certainly seems to be one of those cars that just feels right.

Viewed the car and it’s a stunner. Great build quality and attention to detail, file full of history/receipts too. My circumstances won’t let me get this I’m gutted to say but someone will snap it up soon enough I’m sure!

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.