People in caravans have arrived

Man On The Clapham Omnibus

NO, not like those people in caravans but these people in caravans, trailers, vans, cars and low loaders. It is not what it seems though. There's no animals, no clowns (moot point about clowns actually), no ringmaster, but lots of people milling about.

G012GYy.jpg

There's little hi-viz labels attached to posts around the area saying "BENTLEY BASE" and "BENTLEY LOC" 

Anyone hazarding a guess as to what's going on? I know because it happens a lot in these parts.

Indeed so! Despite all their cryptic signs and notices saying that the circus wasn't open to the public, there was a lorry parked in the entrance to the access road with a cardboard sign in the windscreen saying: "Midsomer Murders film unit" :bangshead:

Midsomer County is centred around Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, and Oxfordshire in the main so we're used to seeing the little pointers on the lamp posts. My Good Lady and I walked past the site last week and two 'policemen' were walking towards us laughing - they were far too cheery to be real. One even said good afternoon.

Edited by Man On The Clapham Omnibus
spooling mistage

They all disappeared over the weekend leaving only the Big Top, a caravan with a bloke in, and a black Alsatian dog. Then on Monday a separate long narrow marquee tent was put up and now the field is heaving with people, cars, and vans again. It'll probably be a five minute scene costing half a million quid! I wish it was my field! I'm sure Dixon of Dock Green din't cost this much or take this much effort.

most likely 95% tax deductable overheads and will make mega bucks selling the usual global series repeats .

that's entertainment !

• 2 weeks later...

“And the night shall be filled with music, 
And the cares, that infest the day,
Shall fold their tents like the Arabs,
and silently steal away.”

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

As I type the big top is on a low loader and they're off... Almost three weeks and the scenes they filmed will be a mere minor part of the episode no doubt.