Group module Practice run in anglesey Sprint

maurici

Excellent news!

Can I suggest that the WSCC nominate a spokes person for the discussion to avoid a complete shouting match? Step forward Mr T Everall.....

25 minutes ago, Paul Aspden said:

Excellent news!

Can I suggest that the WSCC nominate a spokes person for the discussion to avoid a complete shouting match? Step forward Mr T Everall.....

Good idea plus I would say a summary of this topic (all the points in one document) sent to them before the event.

Can i just add my 2 pennyworth. I compete in a series called Super Lap Scotland, in effect it is similar to Time Attack. On track there are maybe 20 cars at a time but the competition is against the clock. Car classes are defined by power to weight ratio. Yes there are large differences in speed i maybe topping out at 120 whilst a firebreathing Impreza will be doing 140 but they brake earlier and maybe corner slower.

After my first year at this I would rather do a SLS event than a trackday as more consideration is shown to other drivers and generally greater track awareness with what is going on. Like F1 quali when gearing up for a hot lap you make space for yourself...likewise if not on a hot lap you keep an eye on your mirrors

We should also ensure that Longton record in writing what was discussed at the meeting together with any actions agreed!

The notes/minutes should be circulated to all participating clubs/entrants so that misunderstandings and mis-interpretations are avoided as far a possible.

Graham

Well. I think we have now to step back and see how they handle it without anymore pressure. No need to send representation or to deliver any document.

Main issue here has been that has been done after most people had the entry paid and weekend comited.

They are aware of our concerns, and they had access to the Facebook group where that has been discussed deeply (over 200 messages  in 24h). Also most of us have been sending our concerns by e-mail.

Now they are kind to have an open forum to listen to us at a comptetitor level and im sure they will take note of all the concerns.

However, for the future, if they  have the support of the MSA and they state their practice system in the regulations since the beginning, we can't say anything as a club. We are guests to their events, and we are not forced to participate... so... a club trying to interfere how another club has to run is unfair and selfish.

We should stay aside as a club and we all should made our point as competitors.

Not sure im being able to write what i mean in an understandable way... so please, make an effort. 

• Like 2

Maurici

You have missed the point that all the club's need the support of each other to enable the hill climbing and sprinting competitions to operate on a viable and enjoyable basis.

The SSOT decide each year which event invites to accept and put them on our calendar to qualify for the Speed Series championship.

The SSOT go to great lengths to consider the views of our members/competitors in our discussions with other clubs to make the SS as appealing as possible.

Individuals are totally free to join what ever club they like and attend which ever events they like the best.

The club's decide how the competitions are put together but the club's also need members so we are all in it together!

Graham

I get all of that, i have not missed anythig but still... you dont go to someone else's home to tell them how to run their bussiness. 

That's still my view.

Obviously despite my efforts im not succeed in trying to explain what i mean. Lets leave it here.