Where to buy this part.....

Stephen W

In this image there is a plastic inlet spacer that is around 70mm long. It can be seen between the throttle bodies and the air filter. Its black.

21371043_10155667955587579_9565872684518

Where can I get a new one? I've searched all over and no one seems to know. It looks worryingly home made.....

What make throttle bodies?

I ask, as there is no standard as such for the trumpet fixing end. (Unlike the head end, which is often Webber DCOE).

Jenvey do, or used to do, some extenders, though IIRC they were individual extenders, not paired up, so may not fit the mounting bolt arrangement

13 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

What make throttle bodies?

I ask, as there is no standard as such for the trumpet fixing end. (Unlike the head end, which is often Webber DCOE).

Jenvey do, or used to do, some extenders, though IIRC they were individual extenders, not paired up, so may not fit the mounting bolt arrangement

The bodies are 42mm Jenvey DTH's. 

Jenvey do some short spacers for those I think, but don’t look much like what you’ve got.

3 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Jenvey do some short spacers for those I think, but don’t look much like what you’ve got.

Yes its an odd one. I don't want to lose the inlet length. I need to find some 120mm long 42mm ID stacks with a mount for the backing plate. 

Looking at the engine maybe one of the lotus Elise forums maybe able to help 

I made some spacers on my old Westfield` between the throttle bodies and the filter. I basically got some alloy, turned out the centres and used long bolts to bolt them together. I just bought the billets from ebay and had a mate turn them up.

I would agree that someone like Danst or Bogg bros would make something in alloy that would work. Another way would be to find a company that does 3D scanning and printing as that is exactly the type of thing that technology is made for. Or finally use the old ones and have alloy ones cast.

I would hazard a guess that having them made in alloy would work our the cheapest