Woodbridge is no more....

SootySport

.......a trackday venue sadly.     Us Essex boys had some fun there for a few years and was cheap and local.

• Sad 1

What's the story @SootySport? Have the MoD stopped it's use or is it the issues with the runway/track surface?

The MOD are using the airfield more now and can't plan ahead any trackday use for Javelin.  Trackdays may come back in the future but no set date.

• 2 months later...

Oh :down:

Woodbridge was a favourite of mine too.

Ah. Alternative is now what was called Cottesmore. I've been there a couple of times, not sure it's a match for Woodbridge though.

1 hour ago, Andy Banks - Chairman said:

Ah. Alternative is now what was called Cottesmore. I've been there a couple of times, not sure it's a match for Woodbridge though.

Did you drive the old Cottesmore layout before the Army took over the base? I've seen vids of the new Kendrew barracks version, and it doesn't look as good.

We used to have a good winter venue up North, Elvington.. but I think it was killed by anti noise nimbys. :(

3 hours ago, Andrew said:

Did you drive the old Cottesmore layout before the Army took over the base? I've seen vids of the new Kendrew barracks version, and it doesn't look as good.

Yep. Wittering too, I often confuse the two though, have probably done Wittering more often, wasn't it Cottesmore when the heavens opened and we all drilled holes in the floor...?

Wittering from 5 years or so ago:

14 minutes ago, Andy Banks - Chairman said:

wasn't it Cottesmore when the heavens opened and we all drilled holes in the floor...?

Yup, Cottesmore was slightly moist. :)