Blyton, Sat 30th Sept, spectate at Speed Series event

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

As titled, does anyone fancy coming along?

hi ya Julie (stranger lol )

we are at the caravan this weekend but its only about 15 mins away so may pop over let me know what time you going and stopping cheers :westy::westy::westy:

• Haha 1

On 9/23/2017 at 21:25, Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO said:

As titled, does anyone fancy coming along?

We are up for this @Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO. What time are you going? Shall we meet at McD's, Barlborough?

7 hours ago, Big Andy said:

hi ya Julie (stranger lol )

we are at the caravan this weekend but its only about 15 mins away so may pop over let me know what time you going and stopping cheers :westy::westy::westy:

Will be good to see you Andy!

Yeeeaahh, @Big Andy finally comes out of the summer hibernation :t-up:

@Martyn Vann - Joint Warwickshire AO meet at McD's Barlborough, about 9.30, ready to leave at 10. That will get us there for 11. Any later and we will arrive as they all retire for lunch.

@matthew902 normally, it is the practice laps in the morning and the timed laps in the afternoon. Lunch break is about 1pm. Is that correct information @terry everall?

We can have a couple of hours there and then I might just have somewhere yummy to go for lunch, about half hour from Blyton, on the way home.

So, for anyone else, we are leaving McD's, S43 4WP, at 10 am.

i know Julie I have felt lonely through the summer months carnt wait to get back in her again think it will be about 1 ish ill get there will you all be still there :westy::westy::westy:

Yes @Big Andy we won't leave without you, look forward to seeing you both again.

Ooh it's been a busy day, @syman84 and Michelle bought their 6 day old baby on her first visit to a track,  @Big Andy turned up early with a smart new camera, the essential track accessory, and to top it off I fell in love - with a Zetec engined Ginetta. I have to take my hat off to Michelle, having had a difficult birth and here she is already back out and supporting Syman, albeit only spectating today. But first we met Martyn and Sue at a rainy McDonalds, it was only light rain so we set off topless and as we headed East it got brighter and brighter.

We just can't stay at Blyton for only a hour or so because it is just too much fun, so we stayed well into the afternoon. This allowed enough time for us to get mischievous and I aided and abetted Glen in stealing Rozs' chocolate cake. Steve was glad as every time he ate cake his lap was 2 seconds slower than the pre-cake lap.

DSC01913.JPG

I often chat to our chemical engineer, Femi, at work and he tells me all about these wonderful cars that he owns, so I was delighted today when he turned up in his Zetec engined Ginetta

DSC01939.JPG

The Speed Series Fan Club was a bit low on numbers today

DSC01940.JPG

We rushed off to the Idle Valley Cafe in Retford, just catching it before it closed. It was a lovely spot with views over the lake and the essential cake display, Martyn somehow blagged an  extra piece. The conversation turned a bit weird, as it does at this time of day, and the moral of the story was, don't have a bath with Sue because you may lose your head. Oh my, don't ask!!!!

DSC01942.JPG

We set off home, as we headed back West we drove back into the light rain, but we carried on regardless, the roads were a tad slippy though!! We have had our first taste of winter today.

Here are a few of the photo's that I took, I had no chance of photographing a certain light blue Honda powered car, it was, ahem, too fast and had gone before I had chance, but that is a sore subject I think :p

DSC01892.JPG

DSC01895.JPG

DSC01897.JPG

DSC01901.JPG

DSC01909.JPG

DSC01928.JPG

DSC01929.JPG

DSC01932.JPG

DSC01924.JPG

It has been great to chat to everyone today, what a friendly club this is, thank you.

• Like 2

DSC01899.JPG

DSC01900.JPG

DSC01902.JPG

DSC01904.JPG

DSC01905.JPG

DSC01906.JPG

DSC01907.JPG

DSC01908.JPG

DSC01910.JPG

DSC01911.JPG

DSC01912.JPG

DSC01914.JPG

DSC01916.JPG4

DSC01918.JPG

DSC01921.JPG

DSC01923.JPG

DSC01926.JPG

DSC01930.JPG

DSC01933.JPG

• Like 3

It was another great day out with great weather all day for the sprinting. As shown in Julie's pictures there were are lot of Westfields competing as well as a lot of that other type of seven!

The cake was great and in a very nice location too. It did start raining as we began to head home, not too heavy at first but getting worse. Once we had left Julie in Chesterfield we had to stop for the half-hood for the remainder of the journey and though it eased for a while it ended up as a torrential downpour by the time we got on to the A38. We were mildly moist by the time we got home but we had a great day anyway :d 

• Like 2

Yes it was really great to catch up with Julie glen martyn and sue again even though we wasn't in our Westfield 

But taken some Pics of the day and hopefully will add them later if they have turned out :westy::westy::westy:

• Like 2