Which track works best for you?

Rory's Dad

I've done track days at Cadwell, Croft, Blyton, RAF Mareham and, last Wednesday, at Snetterton.

In my opinion, Caldwell is perfect, then Croft, Blyton, RAF Mareham (because it's cheap!) and lastly Snetterton. Having said that, Snetterton's facilities are probably the best!

For me, it's the track layout that is the key and Cadwell succeeds in both 2d and 3d with one corner flowing into another, gradients both for and against and just two proper straights. Snetterton has too many isolated corners with only the Esses and the Bomb Hole creating any interest. I get a bit sick of wide boys in Japanese saloons and orange wheels behaving like idiots with their feet flat on the floor at all times.

So which tracks do you prefer and why. Where should I go next? Back to Caldwell of course but where else?

Blyton and Anglesey favs (and Knockhill - on my list of to dos)

Blyton if organised by a panda... or Anglesey 

I did blyton last weekend for my 1st ever track day and really enjoyed the circuit. Next on the list is donnington and Cadwell. Donnington is so expensive though.

I'm in the minority but I don't rate Anglesey. Cadwell is a cracker. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rory's Dad said:

Is there a particular day at Oulton with a high Westfield count?? :)

Last Tuesday.. There was five there.  ;)

Oulton's a superb circuit, its a bit like a bigger Cadwell. I would say Cadwell is the track made for Westfields, but the truth is you have to get round and sample them all. They all have their good bits, some more good bits than others but they all have to be done.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Andrew said:

Last Tuesday.. There was five there.  ;)

And here is a vid from one of them.

• Like 1

I find Brands Hatch best for me, having said that there is always too many cars booked on to a trackday for the size of the track.   Also too many race teams use a trackday there as a test day.     Only near the end of the day is there a bit more space.    I like Rockingham for it's variety but yet to drive round Cadwell, must do it next year.

3 hours ago, Rory's Dad said:

. BTW, nice driving Michael!

I had Adam R with me for the day, He recently set my car up and made further adjustments on the day. 

I can highly recommend Adam for coaching and set up. We had a thoroughly enjoyable day.

On 22/09/2017 at 15:33, RussH said:

I'm in the minority but I don't rate Anglesey. Cadwell is a cracker. 

I'm with you :)

As above Oulton Park is awesome :sun:

Down the Craner curves at donnington is great and can cause you to pucker up!! Looking forward to cadwell   sometime.