XTR2 on PistonHeads used for 3 hours since the build

CraigHew

Browsing around PH this afternoon I noticed this XTR2

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/westfield/xtr2/westfield-xtr2-2009/7282849

Looks like a nice car, built in 2009, decent spec, decent price; but what I'm dumb-founded at is, it been run for a grand total of 3 hours.....what the devil?

Why would anyone "painstakingly assemble" such a fabulour car "to produce the ultimate spec" then not use it?

Clearly there could be an ill-health or other unfortunate back story to this so I'm not poking fun, I just can't square it off in my head.

assembled by a fully qualified engineer... aren't we all lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, marcusb said:

Technically I am!

My degree was in "Industrial Design (Engineering)" - and I have a bit of paper proving it - despite never doing any real Engineering and now I'm more of a cross between a programmer and a designer.

Just wait for the advert in around 2040 when I eventually sell mine to fund a self driving mobility scooter - Built by a qualified Numerical Engineering Reactive Designer or NERD for short :d

• Haha 3

I'd like to see them try to adjust it to road  legal spec and get it trough Iva 

Some people enjoy the tinkering just as much if not more than the driving. I know of one guy fairly local to me has built and ivad over 10 kits. He doesn't drive them much.

19 hours ago, marcusb said:

I recall an episode of the comedy series The Vital Spark where the captain argues with engineer.

The captain doubts the engineer's abilities to which the engineer replies "I am a time served man" only to be rebuffed by the captain saying "and I know where you served it".

This car has been for sale for years, I believe it's owned by a member of the band Travis (so the salesman said). I enquried about it back in march 2015 whilsts considering Radical SR3...........these cars are not Radicals!!!!! But I guess you get what you pay for. However I can confirm this XTR2 is in mint condition, I just couldn't justify the 20k price tag when I had the option of a 2008 Radical SR3 for the same money. 

7 hours ago, Mickwesty325 said:

I believe it's owned by a member of the band Travis (so the salesman said).

'Tis possible. I used to work with Neil (the drummer at Oulton Park, he is very much a petrolhead!  https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=neil+primrose+racing&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-ab&gfe_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=a-PEWZXuHa7S8AeZooioCQ

17 hours ago, Mickwesty325 said:

This car has been for sale for years, I believe it's owned by a member of the band Travis (so the salesman said). I enquried about it back in march 2015 whilsts considering Radical SR3...........these cars are not Radicals!!!!! But I guess you get what you pay for. However I can confirm this XTR2 is in mint condition, I just couldn't justify the 20k price tag when I had the option of a 2008 Radical SR3 for the same money. 

I agree with your comments that these are not Radicals, massive difference. But great as a road car.