Lyneham Track Day Saturday 18 Nov 2017

Mooch

10 hours ago, Mooch said:

I've forward this thread to MSE so they are aware.

Excellent Mike, good idea! :t-up:

• 1 month later...

What a washout.  Despite forecast predicting a dry clear day, it poured with rain in the morning and was pretty clergy in the afternoon, too.  Could barely see a thing on the sighting laps and couldn't wait to get back in the pits.  Pretty scary, actually.  That said, Lyneham promises to be a brilliant circuit in the dry and I'll go back in the summer to do it properly.  

It was always a risk booking a November track day.  Only 3 sevenish cars out amongst the tin tops today, and mine is now filthy, damp and full of tiny rocks! 

Still covered in pebbles then? I really don't want to add to the scars my somewhat scruffy car already has, but a decent track as an alternative to Abingdon would be good. Sorry you had a bad day Mike. :(

Sorry to hear you had a poor day.  My Son and I went for the 'soft' option and took our MK1 MX5 complete with hard top and heater and had a brilliant day, but agree it would have been pretty miserable in a Westfield.  The track appeared to be much better with respect to gravel/stones this time, but still enough to get onto wheel rims and other recesses in the wet.

Last time out it was wet in the morning and dry in the afternoon and generally less 'miserable'.  The track layout is good though....

Simon