Low flying..

Andrew

Love it, I really must get down there.

16 hours ago, Paul Hurdsfield said:

Love it, I really must get down there.

Always wondered if you just show up at these places and aircraft appear.. daily? or is there some sort of information on the web about where and when low flying will take place?

I think I have some sort of military corridor behind my house... there's been a lot of helicopters passing in the last week or so. They're usually obscured by trees, but I caught one in the open yesterday. :)

Not the sharpest of pics, but not bad for a compact on full zoom?

P1110343.thumb.JPG.b43d65fe31014bc5e5fc5ae7d30f0019.JPG

There's a website for the Mach Loop activity.  @CosKev knows about it as we had a great run down there last summer (really really good roads around Machynlleth) and also saw a few jets.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Always wondered if you just show up at these places and aircraft appear.. daily? or is there some sort of information on the web about where and when low flying will take place?

I think I have some sort of military corridor behind my house... there's been a lot of helicopters passing in the last week or so. They're usually obscured by trees, but I caught one in the open yesterday. :)

Not the sharpest of pics, but not bad for a compact on full zoom?

P1110343.thumb.JPG.b43d65fe31014bc5e5fc5ae7d30f0019.JPG

I'm often at MOD Boscombe Down - quite unnerving when a couple of those pop up from behind the trees!

16 minutes ago, RussH said:

I'm often at MOD Boscombe Down - quite unnerving when a couple of those pop up from behind the trees!

They're sinister looking machines. :)

Unless you have inside information from a Air Base it's all it a bit hit and miss I'm afraid on what's coming through.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/operational-low-flying-training-timetable

That tells you when they are planning on using LFA''s ,but the Mac Loop is not actually part of LFA7.But at least if you go on the days they are warning they are using LFA7 you surely must be in for a better chance of seeing something! :)

The day me and Craig went we landed very lucky,a good sign was the people there with the stars and stripes flying ;)

Within 30 min's of us getting there we had three F15''s pass over :sun:

I dread to think how many hours ElwynR spends sat up there to get the footage he does!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Me too, but I'd still give it a go.:o

• Like 1

Most I've done is when I flew gliders and pulled max about +4gs and -2gs doing aerobatics, great fun.  I'd love to do that.

My favourite display team are the Blue Angels, just watch how tight they fly in four plane formation like at 7:00, ridiculously tight considering they're flying twin engine F-15 Strike Eagles 

Sadly the last year as they're going to unmanned aircraft for their displays! :( 

• Like 1

I saw the Blue Angels at a display in the UK, many years ago.. possibly at a show at RAF Finningley? .. I agree they are spectacular! I remember the roll straight off the runway.. it really got your attention. :laugh:  

• Like 1