Classic Vehicle (+Kitcar Hall) Restoration Show Bath & West Showground Shepton Mallet 4/5 November

djm

Two weeks to go and the Groupon ticket offer is still available. Not sure how much longer though as the tickets are posted out in the week before.

• Like 1

I should hopefuly be there on the Sunday. The weather forecast is looking good so far!

Is anyone going on the Sunday from Cornwall/Devon areas to meet along the way? If so let me know

also is there going to be a WSCC area outside to meet up.

John

3 hours ago, Kernow said:

also is there going to be a WSCC area outside to meet up.

Not that I know of, the Dorset Area have a inside space for 6-7 cars and these have been allocated to a good mix of cars: Zetec SEIWs on Twin Webbers, Standard TB and Jenvey TBs , Jaguar V6, Ecoboost 250 and a part built Eleven; will be there for Saturday and Sunday.

The classic and kit car parking area was next door to the kit car hall for the last couple of years.

Jon

• Like 1

@Kernowhope you get some company, and the weather holds for the weekend or I for one may be a little soggy.

Do give a shout, love to see your car in the flesh.

I'm going Sunday but not early :-)

Probably in the tin top looking at the weather

Just got home and sorted from a very enjoyable weekend at the show. Think the Dorset Group put on a good stand, but I'm probably biased! Big thanks to Colin for organising us.

Started for me at 06.20 Satuday morning, donned waterproofs and ventured out of the garage into a rainy dark early morning, with no "lid". Took it very gently, never having driven the car in the dark or on a wet road. Soon found that as usual on the. Somerset levels fog was also added into the mix! Really glad I knew the road, a lot of standing water everywhere. Soon discovered that over 40mph, I stayed fairly dry, however wipers are mediocre, and the inside soon got fogged up, so regular wiping with a cloth required. Had a warm peaked hat on, but even so, every time I had to slow down below 40, started to get rain on my specs, which then started to steam up! "Baptism of fire" for my Westfield ownership, but still couldn't help smiling!

Anyway made it to Podimore services and meet the Dorset crew crew, some of  whom had to travel further than me in the s--t conditions! Left there just after 7.00 and our little convoy "paddled" North to the B&W Show ground, and straight into the welcome shelter of the kit car shed. Cars positioned in our area and cleaned our "pride and joy's", never seen so much polish!

I was pleased with how dry the inside of my car stayed, despite the conditions, no sign of water in the footwells, so sealing can't be too bad! In fact was pleasantly suprised with how dry the entire inside of the car was, no soggy carpets or seats, big relief.

Our stand covered a good spectrum of Westfields of various models and engine combinations, plus an immaculate Xl in an an advanced stage of build. We removed/opened our bonnets and it was fascinating to see the variety of engines, layouts etc in five externally similar looking cars.

Enjoyable day spent in good company, and chatting with a lot of interested visitors.

Retired to Podimore, (luckily one of us had a 7 seater vehicle, so the cars could stay secure and dry for the night) relaxing evening spent drinking beer and eating. Even though we had to sit outside the pub and wait for it to open at 6.00 pm, good job they had a picnic table outside, at least the rain had stopped.

Crisp clear start this morning, back to the Showground for 8.30 and another day of chatting with interesting visitors.

Couple of photos of the Dorset stand first thing this morning, before show opened, in case you're wondering, was told to put my car in front, along with Xl!

image.thumb.jpeg.eddf6be76e26d71d54389e1a56b08759.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a25bded8d3dc9f201f45d28553659eb7.jpeg

Show finished, packed up and ready to head homewards just after 4.00. Drove out of the shed, to find grey clouds over us and a few drops of rain, b----r! Anyway good trip home with intermittent light rain, nothing compared to Saturday morning thank goodness! At least it was daylight, just, even some sunshine (low and looking straight into, but mustn't complain), and no fog.

Car now tucked up in the garage, wash and freshen up tomorrow.

A great weekend all round, good to meet lots people, think we flew the Westfield flag successfully, both as make, and as a club.

Apologies for lengthy post, thought it may interesting to give my take, as "newbie" to the Westfield scene.

• Like 7

Excellent sum up of a good show and very enjoyable day. It was great to chat and meet you in the 'flesh' and see your immaculate car which is a great credit to your skills.

• Like 1

Excellent write up and the stand looks good too.

Dont forget, any Areas doing things like this, if you need more feather flags, banners, pop ups etc, the club has a good selection; as seen at Stoneleigh every year! Just get in touch with the Shows and Events Coordinator, @Stuart Faulkner - Shows & Events Coordinator And he will help sort out sending you whatever flags etc you need.

We even have things like the gazebo and bbq available! (Though they’re both too bulky/heavy to ship, so you would need to come and collect and bring them back again, at the end.)

• Like 2

I was amazed that the entire stand "dressing" could be packed up and fitted into a Westfield, and have room for the driver!

A well practised art for the Dorset crew.