Terzo204

Testing the Water...2009 SEIW Track / Sprint Car

I'm thinking about selling my Westie.

Its a 2009 SEIW, Sierra SDV. Type 9 with LSD. It has approx 9.5k miles with a full pack of receipts for each and every purchase, since original build, service log (showing all work done on the car since I have had it) and all MOT's.  It was not built by me. I am the third owner. I bought the car with about 6k on the clock and it it was only road miles until I got it and then have done a mix of road miles, trackdays and then finally races. When I first bought the car I took it it NMS for a check over (£2.5k later....still it's been very reliable as a result)

Outline spec is as follows (in no particular order):

1.  Low miles 1.8 ltr Ford Zetec: Throttle bodies, polished and ported head, uprated cams, longer throttle body trumpets for increased torque. 182 bhp and 146 lb's. Omex 600 ECU and Omex Shift light system. Always run on super unleaded. Raceline sump and cambelt recently changed. Wrapped headers

2. Full Playskool FIA roll cage, battery kill switch and plumbed-in extinguisher, tow eyes front and rear, curved rear view mirror. 2 ltr catch tank. All nylon bushes throughout. Dominator headlights. Odyssey battery.

3. Carbon fibre front wings, CF exhaust (approx. 96-98 DB so will pass trackday noise tests) and CF 1/2 aeroscreen. Stripped interior and carbon effect tunnel cover and rear shelf. Half doors and tonneau cover.

4. Playskool anti-roll bars front and rear, new, correctly rated springs and Protech dampers (adjustable) all set up by Adam R (corner weighted and geo with set-up sheet). 590 kgs overall. Independent rear suspension. Solid plastic bushes all round (not the metallistic originals - this was an expensive change and addressed an inherent maintenance issue with the Sierra SDV's wide track)

5. Team Dynamics wheels with Avon ZZR's 1tyres 95/50/15 and 205/50/15. Spare set of wheels by separate negotiation with almost new Toyo R1R's. Quick release Momo steering wheel. Westfield aluminium grear knob with matching black leather and yellow stitching gators to hand brake and shifter.

6. Uprated AB master cylinder and 1155 pads with Dot 5.1 fluid changed a few months ago. Disks all round

7. Coolex radiator and fan (new in May 2016). Raceline water rails

8. Tillett GRP seats x 2 with adjustable runners

9. Bad bits: I bashed wheels when I was racing it this season and the tub was cracked at the top above the wheel arch. It's since been repaired and it's not too bad but its not perfect see photo (the rear arch came off and will  be replaced for new). The sides are stone chipped and generally the bodywork is not the best but not too bad. The car will have a new nose cone and rear arches fitted on sale. Bonnet is good.

10. Limited spare parts included with sale (throttle cable, roll cage padding, trim, etc etc)

I have raced the car for the last two seasons, competing in 7 race meetings. It's been used but always maintained as well as can be. It's never let me down. It's always been very well maintained by Corinium Motorsport and mechanically is in brilliant condition. It will be a great sprint car with no mods needed - a Class A winner I'm sure or great track car.

What's it worth? I'm not sure but I was thinking about the 11k mark? Literally thousands have been spent on this car (with receipts to prove) and it's running really well.

PM me if you are interested. Located near to Bristol

048.jpg

20170913_200924.jpg

Yes. I love it. Consumes way more of my thought that it should to be honest.

This is a case of "if you cannot beat them, join them".... Im going to buy a Caterham.

There i said it.

• Haha 1

brave move... academy is a good place to end upside down frequently. 

Good luck with the sale, is a very decent car and should sell easy for this sum.

Good Luck Mike

As Maurici said though the Caterham Academy racing I've watched has worst disrespectful crash happy driving I've seen.

We won't disown you :d

• Haha 1

Thanks All - I'm still looking to race in the CSCC and the Welsh Series as I agree, the standards of driving in the Caterham series is concerning. The Academy is only open to new licence holders as well.

I just want a new car to develop/challenge and fancy a change to the dark side!