Awards Dinner - A Complaint

Captain Colonial

The awards evening dinner is advertised as a dinner dance, and has been for several years.  However, there has been no music or dancing at all at the events, a clear breach of the Trades Description Act.

Therefore, in order to protect the club from unnecessary litigation from unhappy punters, the only right thing to do is for @John Williams - WSCC Competition Secretary and @Andy Banks - Chairman to provide the dancing on the night for the entertainment of all attendeees.  I would suggest they perform the big dance scene from Dirty Dancing - John can play Jennifer Grey's "Baby" role and Andy can be Patrick Swayze.  I suggest they start practising now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

But on a more serious note.. my local Motorclub dispensed with the music and dance 8in the annual awards night.     The bad news the wives no longer wanted to come.   The good news they didn't.    

Careful what you wish for...

P.S. There will be no dancing.

• 1 month later...

just seen this I have a plan for some background music... but i'm not doing a "peter kaye" car share with @Mrs Panda

• Haha 1

At the previous hotel we held the awards do at there used to be a " disco" so folk could dance if they wished.

The problem was as soon as it started the room emptied and majority of folk disappeared back to the bar so they could talk. 

On 04/11/2017 at 19:16, John Williams - WSCC Competition Secretary said:

just seen this I have a plan for some background music... but i'm not doing a "peter kaye" car share with @Mrs Panda

1 hour ago, mark.anson said:

At the previous hotel we held the awards do at there used to be a " disco" so folk could dance if they wished.

The problem was as soon as it started the room emptied and majority of folk disappeared back to the bar so they could talk. 

Talk is good and a little background music always helps.:)

Still no dancing though. :nope: