New boy

toys4x4boys

6 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Justin, there's a T piece from the cam cover that might go somewhere?

Ah, yes, can see that from the rocker and looks to go to the breather at the fuel pump on the block. So, where does the other hose go ? :) Looks like no filler cap on the rocker cover too ? Is that a dry sump rocker cover ? Is it dry sumped ?

Ah well

The block breather and the Cam cover go to the catch tank together (tee piece) then exit and go to a filter below the carbs, the block breather has a non return valve so it works. I over filled with oil before I had a dip stick and the balance ended in the catch tank so I know it all works.

Sorry about the bracket on the tank, I promise to make a proper one over the winter 

The poppet valve in the breather pot, you should cut it out, as it only works under vacuum, when its was originally fitted to the inlet filter of the crossflow. It will create negative sump pressure and cut out blow by on the rings and prevent oil seal failure. Currently it wont do nothing in releasing sump pressure and will then push the pressure out the rocker cover. 

I spent months sussing out crossflow breathing issues. :)

Thanks all,

Glad I joined already, got a roof sorted from a forum member, picking it up tomorrow.

Hopefully get a chance to tinker and go for a run this weekend.

Now, had a spare hour today, and was feeling the rear of the car was a bit boy racer, so gone a bit old school instead.

Not everyone taste, but I like it.

Just need to grab a red fog lamps lense, pretty sure it's a £4 Landrover lamp, so I'll pick one of them up.

Screenshot_20170902-233637.png

IMG_20170915_172704.jpg

• Like 2