GBS Cars and Coffee, Ollerton, Notts, Sat 23rd September, 10am

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

A little foggy over the hills, but arrived at Ashbourne ready to meet up with @IanK (Bagpuss) and it's dry and settling on overcast!

No time for bacon butties and coffee here today though!

Can hear the sound of a Honda engine approaching!!

17 minutes ago, CraigHew said:

tut tut Julie, 2 big slices...?

I couldn't possibly state that this was after an initial loading supplied by Glen :p

• Haha 1

For the record it was the Lemon Cake first, followed by the Victoria Sponge cake. There was no more room on my serviette, so I had to make a return visit for the chocolate cake.

It was no ordinary chocolate cake though, not like the factory produced rubbish, this was very cocoa - y and not just sweet tasting. If they make cars as good as their cakes then they must be good.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

That looks like a huge cake effort. If I was closer, I would love to assist with consumption, but would probably have to sell the car, as wouldnt be able to fit in afterwards...........:d

• Haha 1

Today was a day where you wanted to own a red Westfield, do you like the ivy growing on the side of this Hall?

DSC01836.JPG

Your car would look good in front of it

DSC01838.JPG

Not bad

DSC01830.JPG

More later, but we go to McDonalds first, where Scott is doing some squats at the side of his Honda powered car, building up for the cake-eating session that followed.

DSC01803.JPG

There were Ian, Dave, Martyn and Sue, Andrew and Clare, Robin, Scott and Charlie, Chris and Paul, making 8 Westfields and a VX220. We arrived at GBS and just managed to squeeze in. Nigel Curry was not far behind us in his red Westfield, just peeking through in the background.

DSC01811.JPG

Let's have a cake moment shall we?

DSC01810.JPG

Robin and Chris deciding if they could eat more cake

DSC01807.JPG

We got a factory tour from Richard, the owner, who took lots of time to explain to us how they make all the parts they need. The new car is being released next year and he told us what improvements they have made, wow it will be quite a car.

No worries on the parking, if your car is in the way, someone will just wheel it into position.

DSC01814.JPG

Is it Halloween just yet?

DSC01816.JPG

Ian left us

DSC01818.JPG

Followed by Dave

DSC01819.JPG

We were hungry and went in search of lunch........

Chris, Andrew and Clare and Martyn and Sue followed us to Thoresby Hall, where we drove straight into a photo opportunity

DSC01822.JPG

Before parking properly

DSC01832.JPG

We went for lunch

DSC01839.JPG

Then we went into the World War 1 trenches in the small adjoining museum

DSC01841.JPG

DSC01843.JPG

DSC01844.JPG

A great day out with excellent company, thank you to everyone for coming along, I hope that you enjoyed it too

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, Thrustyjust said:

What a fab day. I am not sure an aero screen is for me, seeing how its aged Ian @IanK (Bagpuss) :d

That’s what happens when you wash your face with the wrong coloured soap!

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

That’s what happens when you wash your face with the wrong coloured soap!

More like battery acid :d

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO said:

Today was a day where you wanted to own a red Westfield, do you like the ivy growing on the side of this Hall?

DSC01836.JPG

Your car would look good in front of it

DSC01838.JPG

Not bad

DSC01830.JPG

More later, but we go to McDonalds first, where Scott is doing some squats at the side of his Honda powered car, building up for the cake-eating session that followed.

DSC01803.JPG

There were Ian, Dave, Martyn and Sue, Andrew and Clare, Robin, Scott and Charlie, Chris and Paul, making 8 Westfields and a VX220. We arrived at GBS and just managed to squeeze in. Nigel Curry was not far behind us in his red Westfield, just peeking through in the background.

DSC01811.JPG

Let's have a cake moment shall we?

DSC01810.JPG

Robin and Chris deciding if they could eat more cake

DSC01807.JPG

We got a factory tour from Richard, the owner, who took lots of time to explain to us how they make all the parts they need. The new car is being released next year and he told us what improvements they have made, wow it will be quite a car.

No worries on the parking, if your car is in the way, someone will just wheel it into position.

DSC01814.JPG

Is it Halloween just yet?

DSC01816.JPG

Ian left us

DSC01818.JPG

Followed by Dave

DSC01819.JPG

We were hungry and went in search of lunch........

Chris, Andrew and Clare and Martyn and Sue followed us to Thoresby Hall, where we drove straight into a photo opportunity

DSC01822.JPG

Before parking properly

DSC01832.JPG

We went for lunch

DSC01839.JPG

Then we went into the World War 1 trenches in the small adjoining museum

DSC01841.JPG

DSC01843.JPG

DSC01844.JPG

A great day out with excellent company, thank you to everyone for coming along, I hope that you enjoyed it too

Was great meeting you all.

• Like 2

Thanks for a top day & to GBS for the informative, calorific hospitality. 

Yep, the Westie looks good in red against the backdrop.

No there is a thought for Halloween. Ian's face just popping up over my bonnet. Would frighten the ***t out of me.

But there again Mr. Andrew it would add to your pile!!!!

Pnce again Miss Julie & Glynn. Thanks for a cracking day. Cheers folks

• Like 2

Perhaps I better explain here that Andrew is having 2 tonnes of poo delivered to his garden to break up the Lincolnshire clay soil :barf:

• Like 1