It's taken a while.....

PaulD23

I've just spoken with a friend who informed be it's a 1.6 CVH engine, not sure if that makes any difference. It's also recently had a gasket leak fixed prior to me purchasing. I'll know more tomorrow and I'm assured it's in easy engine to work on so I'll not be too down about it.....

13 minutes ago, PaulD23 said:

I've just spoken with a friend who informed be it's a 1.6 CVH engine, not sure if that makes any difference. It's also recently had a gasket leak fixed prior to me purchasing. I'll know more tomorrow and I'm assured it's in easy engine to work on so I'll not be too down about it.....

Its a long standing thing about crossflow engines and self preservation with oil leaks.Knew it wasnt a crossflow, but suspected a silvertop Zetec. The bonnet was designed for the inlet manifold for the Zetec, as its quite tall and to use the early manifold Westfield made the bulge to  one side for clearance. Lets see what the photos show. Sure its something simple to sort.

You'll get used to the steering wheel, yours looks like the optimum size for a Westfield, any bigger and your hands will rub on the doors when fitted.   As for the oil leak, check the filter is tight first.   If it leaks at the front of the engine it could the front crank seal and if it leaks and if it leaks at the rear, the rear crank seal could be shot. Hopefully it's just the sump gasket that's leaking which is the easiest part to change.