Clan McWesty: Christmas Carvery - Sunday 3rd December 2017

Rab (bombero) Reid

I know! I know! .. but hey, at least I can't be accused of not being prepared! :xmas: Whilst we may get one or even two more runs under our belt before many cars are tucked up for winter upgradeitus, it's safe to say that we need to book way in advance for large groups like ourselves for Christmas gathering!

We're booked in for 12:00 to be sat down for 12:30 on Sunday 3rd December at The Glover Arms, Crieff Road, Huntingtower Park, Perth, PH1 3JJ.

Note #1, if .. if, I get a greater amount of interest from the NE and NW heilanders, I may look at shortening the travel distance for those by looking/considering/another venue in say, Pitlochry/Grandtully. I appreciate the past comments that it'll increase the travel for the central and lowland belt but none of us southerners have to travel more than 2 hours, so I think it's only fair that I, at least consider wider options. Again, this is only if I get a greater interest from the heilanders ie if I get a 50/50 mix of attendees then it's safe to say, I'll consider another venue. In the meantime, the above venue has been booked.

Note #2, This is not a formal sit down set Christmas lunch, but just a chance for us all to get together for food and a blether before the rush of Christmas. It is not a 'lads only' gathering and so all are welcome! http://www.vintageinn.co.uk/restaurants/scotland-northern-ireland/thegloverarmsperth/sunday-menu

As always, I'll be grateful for names as reasonably quickly as possible so I can confirm numbers with them; it being a busy time of year and all..

NAMES
Rab
Matt
Bob / Lorna
Brian
Brad / Diane
Dave
Gary /Trina
Jim / Jean

On 04/09/2017 at 12:48, Robert (bombero) - Scotland AO said:

I know! I know! .. but hey, at least I can't be accused of not being prepared! :xmas: Whilst we may get one or even two more runs under our belt before many cars are tucked up for winter upgradeitus, it's safe to say that we need to book way in advance for large groups like ourselves for Christmas gathering!

We're booked in for 12:00 to be sat down for 12:30 on Sunday 3rd December at The Glover Arms, Crieff Road, Huntingtower Park, Perth, PH1 3JJ.

As always, I'll be grateful for names as reasonably quickly as possible so I can confirm numbers with them; it being a busy time of year and all..

Hoots tha Clan!

Here's a wee reminder about letting me know if you're interested in attending our December lunch. I can confirm that it will be as above.

Cheers, Rab

Guys, please try and contact those members that you know to see if they intend on coming to our December gathering. As you can see from the first post, there are only 9 people that have confirmed .. a pretty poor show by anyone's account! As you will also be aware, I have emailed everyone on our mailing list and the response has been extremely poor even to say that they won't be coming! :no:

12 hours ago, Kirmodawn1 said:

Can't make this one Rab. Sorry.

Bob

Okay Bob, thanks for letting me know.

I can't make it either Rab. I've been keeping my options open, but sadly, I'll miss this.

See you all next season though.

David

Ok so day three of our weekend away saw us heading north and stopping for our get together in Perth great company and good food

Santa PLEASE PLEASE buy bob a sat nav that he can work.... possibly the fisher price one

anyhows great tae see everyone and thanks for organising it Rab 

bring on the new year

8E07B6B5-51BA-449F-8D31-05E5F8A4B4CF.jpeg

052228F5-F3AC-4E76-8ACE-12D13815AFC6.jpeg

• Like 1

Great to catch up with folks today :) Looking forward to getting the Westy out more in 2018 :yes:

• Like 2