New wscc member

wooders

Hi i am new to wscc and looking for advise and looking for my first westfield was thinking vauxhall red top or even v8 

Welcome

Big difference between a V8 and a vauxhall red top

Go to your local meeting and discuss options with members including what your main use will be

Where in the country are you?

:ww: from :sun:Scotland...plenty good motors out there...take your time and go to a few meets and speak to the guys...

:ww: from sunny Somerset. Highly recommend going to your local meet, you'll find them friendly and informative I'm sure.

Welcome to the forum, massive amount of experience and expertise available here and I would also echo the "go to a local meeting" message

If your experience is anything like mine, it will give you lots of valuable points of view on the merits of different car setups etc.

For myself the first thing is to get an idea of what you are going to use the car for?

Once you have an idea for that you can then start to consider what you want, and can afford.  Have a look in the "Events" section and go along and introduce yourself

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/forum/67-local-area-meets-events-kit-car-shows/

:ww:

:ww:

Both cracking engines that make for quite different cars, and a whole heap of fun, whichever you go for!

Many owners start to "hibernate" their cars over the next few months, so try and get to as many meets/events as you can in the meantime, so that you can see and experience as many different cars as posssible - you'd be surprised how much it helps when it comes to evaluating the cars you go to see that are for sale. 

You'll usually find a passenger ride or two available at most Westfield gatherings, as most of us are only too willing to get you addicted!

The Yorkshire area meeting is this this Tuesday ( 5th Sept ) at Fox and Grapes pub near junction of A64 and A1 

7 hours ago, Martin Rice (Sparkymart) - Cornwall AO said:

:ww: from foggy Cornwall . where are you based?

just outside hull

If you're from Hull then @Geoffrey (Buttercup) - North Yorkshire AO will be your nearest AO, but he doesn't have regular meetings, so I'm probably your nearest. We are having a meeting tomorrow night at the Fox and Grapes as Terry said, then the next one is at the Red Kite on the 17th. You are more than welcome to come along and pick the collective brains, I'm sure we won't put you off! 

And welcome to the club. 

32 minutes ago, Robin (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO said:

@Geoffrey (Buttercup) - North Yorkshire AO will be your nearest AO, but he doesn't have regular meetings,

Just to elabaorate, :d Geoffrey's is one of several Areas we have that are primarily based around getting together for runs out into the countryside - he's arranged some fantastic tours, ranging from a day in the Yorkshire Dales, to weeklong trips exploring the Highlands amazing secenary and sights. But as Robin said, they don't have a fixed monthly meeting time and location, for three kicking and putting the world to rights!!

However, and this applies to all, though we're getting towards the end of the season now; please, whether you have yet to purchase a Westfield, or have one in bits that won't run any time soon, and you see an event you'd love to attend, do shout up, and make yourself know to whoever is organising the event! It's a very, very rare day, that we have no spare passenger seats, and more often we'll have several.

It's usually no problem to slot you in as long as we know ahead of time, indeed, in many runs, you can at minimum have two different passenger experiences, there and back, and on some longer runs in the past, I know of passengers that have got to try three or four different cars, from windscreened tourers, to roll caged, aeroscreened track monsters.

For those buying, it's a great way to get some real world feel for the cars, and for those with garages full of bits, it's a great way of restoring some flagging mojo and re-motivating yourself!

19 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

they don't have a fixed monthly meeting time and location, for three kicking and putting the world to rights!!

I'm sure Dave meant "Tyre" and wasn't referring to the ancient, but secret, Westfield initiation ceremony where three boots take aim at your :arse:

Hi @wooders

Due to the nature of my work, it's sometimes difficult for me to plan to far ahead so I don't have a specific meeting.We generally go up into the moors or over to the Dales but also do quite a lot locally.

We did get down your way at the weekend, well Leven but don't venture further south as a rule as it's not so picturesque.

You are more than welcome to jump in Buttercup if you want a passenger ride but be aware....I am the worlds slowest driver.