Oulton Park trackday, 19th Sep.

Andrew

• 3 weeks later...

Well, we had a good day, eventually. It must have been getting on for 11am when the fog lifted! :-( Afternoon was glorious sunshine. :cool: Opentrack made up some lost track time by having a very short lunch hour, so by the end of the day I'd used the usual amount of fuel. :)

DSC_5344.thumb.JPG.25c69f8c8ecb821e7e526a085b8b3f01.JPG

• Like 1

Aye, decent day in the end! I heard of quite a few people doing long stints so seems everyone got enough track time eventually.

Thanks for the pics as always :t-up:

Will get some vids up soon.. 

2 minutes ago, AdamR said:

Aye, decent day in the end! I heard of quite a few people doing long stints so seems everyone got enough track time eventually.

Thanks for the pics as always :t-up:

Yes, the track did get a bit busy at times Adam. I seemed to find more than my fair share of mirrorless BMWs too. :oops:

Yep. Mirrorless M3 are an issue. 

It looks like someone found a car very simmilar to mine yesterday...

21559031_480579195637737_368514353893412

Thanks Andy for the pictures.

I went home quite frustrated and dissapointed with the behaviour on track, and on the Garages of some people that shouldn't be allowed to share public facillities with normal people.

Good point is that my car worked faultlessly, new setup looks promising, and carbon bits are still in place!!

:)

• Like 2

Yep. Mirrorless M3 are an issue. 

I exited Old hall corner to find a BM just re-joining the track on the right.. dropping bits of car and circuit debris in my direction.. I thought he'd let me pass, then cruise round to the paddock, but no, he did at least another three laps with me behind. Too fast on the straight to power past, but all over him in the corners! :(

BMW's apart though, I generally enjoyed the day, but didn't seem to synchronise my track time with the other Westys. My son Pete however, got out with the Westy train in the last session, but struggled to stay with them, as I think the front tyres have seen just a little too much action. He was a few secs off the car's previous pace.

that is the best i did... I'm not going to edit it... the content is worthless..

• Like 1

You're just trying to copy me :laugh:

(Should start at 40s)

Looks good with the increased damping, quite settled...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AdamR said:

You're just trying to copy me :laugh:

(Should start at 40s)

Looks good with the increased damping, quite settled...

which car is that? mines never crashed, spun, driven on wet or in grass...

Yep. Setup looks good. is a bit more critical to drive on the edge and you need to react really really fast to catch it, but looks promising.

• Haha 1

Last session of the day, up to the chequered flag. My son, Pete at the helm struggling to stay with the big boys on this occasion.

Another vid.

A mate, Stoney, chasing after ex member Steve H in the black Westy, and another ex member Jeff C in the red CRX. (With a bit of lairy BMWness too)