New Westfield owner saying hi

KrisC2

Hi all,

As a new and first Westfield owner I thought I'd say hello. I've been on the site for quite a while, not posting a deal but an avid reader absorbing all the Westfield info I can whilst looking for a car. The good/bad thing with these cars IMHO is there is so much choice in particular engines. I just narrowed it down to what I wanted to do with the car and what would keep my attention. So, I'm now the proud owner of Steve's Sport 250 as per attached link. I tried to put my sensible head on and buy a lower budget car but this just ticked all the boxes so the rest was a pretty easy decision. Thirteen hour round trip but great car and nice bloke so all was worth it. Car now lives in the Midlands and I will try to get to some meets, mostly work away in the week so limited as to what I can do.

So, I'm sure you want to know what's my thoughts re the Sport 250 performance? Well, I have owned a supercharged Ariel Atom for the last 3 years and this is its replacement. Why you may ask? Because the Atom ties up a lot of money and are mega expensive to maintain amongst other reasons. Back to the Westfield ................ I certainly didn't step from the Atom to the Sport 250 and notice a massive difference in power. I was really impressed with the torque and mid range grunt. This is a VERY rapid car which I know will keep me interested. It reminds me of my Focus RS with turbo dump valve, lots air intake noise and a surprising loud/deep stock exhaust. Its early days and TBH I need to get to know the car, its characteristic's and generally learn how to drive it.

I've got a few changes in mind probably over winter. I've always enjoyed tinkering which also drew me to these type cars. If it aint broke fix it :d

Chris

• Like 5

Fantastic news, welcome to the club. Peaks on your doorstep!

out of interest, why was the Atom so expensive to look after?

Hiya @KrisC2 Cracking car you've bought.

I've been out in mine this morning with another member on here for a run out to the peak district. I'm still learning how my car handles as well and its the first time ive driven it hard but wow was I impressed. Im free most weekends if you fancy going for a blast.

Scott

3 minutes ago, RussH said:

Lol Russ. I was just sending my message as you posted.

@KrisC2 it was RussH who I was out with this morning :)

Welcome aboard. @sdh2903 did a cracking job building the car so I'm sure you'll be very happy. 

Looking forward to the upgrades :d

:ww: from sunny Somerset. Cracking car you've got yourself. Enjoy!

Looking forward to future updates.

3 hours ago, RussH said:

I will be venturing to the peaks for a play time permitting soon.

Insurance is 3 times that of a Westfield but mainly servicing. For resale an Atom really needs a full factory history which meant a 400 mile round trip every year. I can't fault the factories thoroughness but it was like maintaining an F1 car and a basic £450 service could soon escalate. Little to no after market parts so even Alcon discs had to be bought through the factory as they were made for them under license. My rear wheel bearings went at 13,000 miles and I had upgraded uprights with larger bearings and with a geometry set up a bill of well over 2k.

3 hours ago, Scotty72 said:

Hiya @KrisC2 Cracking car you've bought.

I've been out in mine this morning with another member on here for a run out to the peak district. I'm still learning how my car handles as well and its the first time ive driven it hard but wow was I impressed. Im free most weekends if you fancy going for a blast.

Scott

I saw the post and I was tempted to join you but after my 13 hour marathon just needed a bit of R and R. I would have taken you up on the run but I have a committed to a couple of friends individually to take them out. Still want to have a good look at your car.

One of my first tasks may be to get a second set of wheels with some grippy tyres as currently spinning the tyres in third on a warm dry day is un nerving.

Thanks everyone for the welcome

Chris

Hello from Bristol! I think my car is pretty quick...a 250 must be ballistic. enjoy, looks a very nice car

:ww: Great car and a really sensible decision by the sound of it- you'll find the running cost close to zero by comparison with the Atom... 

11 hours ago, KrisC2 said:

One of my first tasks may be to get a second set of wheels with some grippy tyres as currently spinning the tyres in third on a warm dry day is un nerving.

Did it still have the r888 tyres on when you bought it? I know Steve was after some more wet weather friendly boots recently.

Will be interesting to get your comparison between the Atom especially if you get out on track. 

I know the ecoboost has a stupid amount of torque which is no doubt a big contributor to the wheel spin.