Full weather gear, access.

Badger56

Afternoon all, bit of an odd question, I have a Seight with full weather gear, hardly ever used it but with the roof on and the doors in place how the hell do you get in? :-)

I'm 5ft7in and 12-7 by the way so should have room. 

8 minutes ago, Hornet600 said:

You open the side screen and you get in...... :d

LOL I'll need a hoist ! I can get in but it's not easy steering with your but cheeks :d

Left leg , head , A*** then right leg

• Haha 1

What Marcus said. Though depending on your build and agility, a removable steering wheel really helps.

I have something of a catch 22 situation, thank goodness I'd already got a quick release wheel when I first fitted a hood.

Its awkward, but I can get it with the wheel on, (I'm 6'1" and much heavier than you). But once I'm sat down, I can't get out with the wheel on! 

2 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

What Marcus said. Though depending on your build and agility, a removable steering wheel really helps.

I have something of a catch 22 situation, thank goodness I'd already got a quick release wheel when I first fitted a hood.

Its awkward, but I can get it with the wheel on, (I'm 6'1" and much heavier than you). But once I'm sat down, I can't get out with the wheel on! 

Sounds like I just need to practice :-) thanks all, it was a bit of a flippant question but with the winter coming good to know the answer.

No it's not that daft a question, it is a bit of a contortion and many people that haven't seen it done before just stare blankly at the small opening you have to climb through.

What Marcus didn't mention, is that unless you're quite short, after putting your left leg in, standing with your foot just in front of the seat, and ducking your head and shoulders in, it's easiest usually to lean right across the cockpit, with one hand on the tunnel, and the other, virtually on the other side of the car, and your head and shoulders well over the passenger side, while you pull your right leg in and thread it down into the footwell. You can then push yourself back to the upright position while feeding in your left leg, before sliding down into the seat.

This can, with practice, be done relatively swiftly and smoothly.

Wait till you have to do it two up, though! Who ever gets in second, basically has to climb in and lean over, nearly on top of, who ever got in first. Always funny to watch!

Get easy access zips put in. I'm 6"2 and nearly 19 stone. I couldn't get in with out them

1 hour ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

This can, with practice, be done relatively swiftly and smoothly.

Right @Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary We need a video please :-)

Time for lots of video demonstrations! :p

I'm a similar size, if anything I find getting out harder!

I favour left leg, back in bum first, head, then right leg.

I've always done it head first, twist, sit on the transmission tunnel, bring legs in a slide down into the seat. If you try to do it as per normal car, you end up in a right mess, because shockingly it's not a normal car.

• Haha 1