Which beer have you been drinking today?

Hemsley

29 minutes ago, DonPeffers said:

Can you imagine ordering a pint (568 ml.) and getting 500 ml. (or half a litre) instead ie. 1/8th less than what you ordered and paid for?

Rip-off Britain or what?

We can revert to roman units once brexits done :)

28 minutes ago, DonPeffers said:

Can you imagine ordering a pint (568 ml.) and getting 500 ml. (or half a litre) instead ie. 1/8th less than what you ordered and paid for?

Rip-off Britain or what?

Before we had to comply with e mark rules (EU of course) contents of packages were not only in Imperial units, but they stated a minimum contents. E.G. a pint bottle would say 'min contents 19½fl.oz.'. Now the contents would be stated as e568ml which can be less than that figure, or more, within set limits. Therefore, I assume that this rule for ABV is a Euro rule.

Brexit rules! :d

image.thumb.jpg.77fa88e3aa65419659597ae2e8754b4a.jpgTo supportfellow country men I'm drinking SanMigurel.   No I'm not Mexican....     it's brewed by calsberg in northhamption

I always feel a bit cheated when I find out that a beer that I've drunk in, say, Germany is actually licensed to a UK brewer and that it isn't actually even the same beer in some arcane details. Similarly, as a yoof when I was daft enough to smoke, I discovered a shop in Ealing that sold every brand from around the world it seemed, and I settled on the USA paper pack brand of Kent. the aroma when the packet was first opened was incomparable. They subsequently became available widely and were sold in flip top packs. But the taste and aroma were not the same as the paper pack ones and I found that in the small print it said they were made in Switzerland. Went off them then... Gave up the habit in 1969.

Stella Artois lager was never the same after they dropped the ABV from 5.2 to 4.8 (or possibly 4.3 if the Carling model was followed).

And this is for when I get back...

20170828_125651.jpg

Alcohol free beer is about as much fun as one of these:

mermaid_with_orange_fins_by_dashinvaine.

:p

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Man On The Clapham Omnibus said:

Alcohol free beer is about as much fun as one of these:

mermaid_with_orange_fins_by_dashinvaine.

:p

See the Beef Burger thread... I like anchovies :yes:

4 hours ago, John K said:

And this is for when I get back...

20170828_125651.jpg

That's 5 of your weekly 14 units then-----Enjoy.

Sam Smiths OLD BREWERY BITTER with my brother Steve at £2 a pint:yes:

On 8/28/2017 at 17:48, DonPeffers said:

That's 5 of your weekly 14 units then-----Enjoy.

Oh, it's "weekly"... :cry:

• Haha 1

On 28/08/2017 at 10:34, DonPeffers said:

Stella Artois lager was never the same after they dropped the ABV from 5.2 to 4.8 (or possibly 4.3 if the Carling model was followed).

Precisely why I now prefer ales. Lagers just taste pants below 5.0% but ales can be really quaffable at 3.5-4.0% 

Taking two Blondes in an afternoon...

20170902_165029.thumb.jpg.3eee84ba6c60edf3dbe267bd4b40205b.jpg