Which beer have you been drinking today?

Hemsley

10 minutes ago, Andy Banks - Chairman said:

Thread hijack...

20170825_183826.jpg

If you're going to be all 'laah de dah' and go all up market and posh, I hear the Caterham forum is looking for members...

• Haha 3

Can't resist posting a repeat image of a pint of my home brew - tastes as good as it looks...

7qtvfNc.jpg

Several years later...

EhGreOY.jpg

• Like 1

Not sure about the stuff Andy is drinking, looks a bit off to me.

59a096eaa7737_menpils.thumb.JPG.601708b9b2f0bfb3981d865d1f824353.JPG

That home brew looks silky smooth.

This evening it's been Pilsners. Men Pils apparently. I wish I could be sipping a real ale, or some of that Duval...

Just had a bottle of "Feeling Foul" (Felin Foel) Double Dragon....... bl**** lovely! 

20 hours ago, Robin (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO said:

Snap 

20170825_165112.jpg

We were in Bruges last week, this is for tea tonight. 

Sorry, but this is not allowed------------------In Belgium you'll be shot for using the wrong glass:suspect:

My fave Weiss Beer is 'Berchesgarten Weiss'     If anyone knows where you can buy it in the UK let me know.

48 minutes ago, SootySport said:

Sorry, but this is not allowed------------------In Belgium you'll be shot for using the wrong glass:suspect:

Sorry, but it is the correct glass. Bought from the bar where we had the Duvel beer. 

37 minutes ago, Andy Banks - Chairman said:

It's well past midday so...

20170827_120923.jpg

I'm just having my second breakfast. 

20170827_124814.jpg

My cat has two breakfasts, two lunches, two dinners, a popup midnight feast...  So there! :p

qBRZqUt.jpg

Non-drinker now as old bones won't take it.

Just glad I didn't drink 3.7% ABV Carling thinking it was 4% ABV----see  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4824800/Carling-lied-alcohol-lager.html

"Not quite Carling" as the very apt sales slogan goes.

How does the collective feel about the fact that the quoted ABV can be overstated by 0.5% and still be UK legal?

That's more than a 12% discrepancy'! It's outrageous!  Half a percentage point on a mere 4% ABV or 12.5% of the alcohol content so does HMRC or whomsoever that levies duty cut the charge by 12.5%? No? Probably not.

Can you imagine ordering a pint (568 ml.) and getting 500 ml. (or half a litre) instead ie. 1/8th less than what you ordered and paid for?

Rip-off Britain or what?