Ear protection against wind

Vogalogue

In answer to the second part of the question, heated seat pads and a massive blanket. 

• Haha 1

Have a look at Lynx Avionics,(Google)they do aviation headsets for microlight aircraft with built in batteries and intercom.

Great quality but very expensive.

I have some if you would like to try.

Also a company Derby area I think do similar items but a bit cheaper, Again Google "micro avionics" I am sure with the down turn in microlight they will be looking for new markets.

Like Adam said what price hearing

Jim

• Like 1

For microlight headsets and helmets I'd recommend flycom 

I know the guy who designed them as he taught me to fly and the firm is now run by his son. Top quality and would work well in a Westy. 

Thanks for all the comments!

I had half been looking at intercom type systems (I actually think there is part of a  system wired in under the dash, - I've not tackled OCD-ifying all the dash wiring yet) but I can't see me doing a lot of touring at this stage (the sprog requires a seat so most long trips are in something else, just the two of us is a rare treat!) so although those Micro Avionics look like proper bits of kit, I couldn't really justify the cost. I had half been looking at in ear buds with a mic boom, but most are designed for being in helmets, I could imagine it just electronically amplifying mic wind noise! Some are really cheap.. but I suspect they might not be any good at all.

It might sound crazy, but I have full doors and a full wet weather kit, but haven't driven with them on yet, I'm concerned that too much door will detract from the "Westfieldness" of the driving experience, I'll give them a go this evening as it appears to have finally stopped raining. The wind deflectors look like they shouldn't detract too much and These look like they have a shorter lead time than the Westfield supplied ones, so I might give them a go, along with some "off the shelf" buds to see how I get on, I don't really want to block out sound totally as I like to be aware of what is around me, so I think the fitted ones (which look really good) might be "too much".

If not there is only one solution...

zoom221x248z50000cw442.png

Doors ...   life is so much more refined.. also if you go through a puddle you'll not have a enforced shower. 

Wind deflectors on the way, (These). Ear buds arrived.

I actually have the full wet weather gear on it now, I figure it does it good to be fitted and left in the sun a little bit as its a bit "tight".. I'll got for a  blast with the doors on later.

(Although I'm really not a fan of the doors being on).

I have all new coolant hoses, thermostat housing and thermostat to fit this weekend, along with new front indicators, so no doubt I'll be playing with it all weekend!

On 8/23/2017 at 17:49, AdamR said:

As above - well worth the money. What price can you put on hearing?

Do what! Eh? 

I'm a bit Mutt 'n' Jeff meself... :d

Thanks for the tip on the doors!
We did over a 200 mile round trip yesterday, and didn't get back until 11 or so, motorway driving with the doors on was fine!

She seemed to love it, so the Westfield lives on again for another adventure with passenger!

The wind deflectors should arrive today, so I'll see how they get one, although I need to be at the other end of the country tomorrow for work so testing will be delayed!