Big brakes

Robo

As Chris said, they're Westfields alloy upright, (made by Hi Spec), the calipers are from a Land Rover Discovery II, rears I believe. They were used briefly by the factory when recon M16's were no longer considered viable on the new supplied cars, and before the WSC branded Hi Spec fronts started to appear.

Theres a thread somewhere with info on them, half a mo...

More info on the Disco calipers here

Through some 280 dia discs on and a set of Willwood midilights. They just fit in a 15 inch wheel with a few mm to spare and can stop on a button. Simply awesome.

• Like 1

Just now, Terryathome said:

Through some 280 dia discs on and a set of Willwood midilights. They just fit in a 15 inch wheel with a few mm to spare and can stop on a button. Simply awesome.

Oh yes I can vouch for Terry's brakes, they are AWESOME, a bit noisy but still AWESOME :laugh:

Does this help.. same question with answers 

2 hours ago, Paul Hurdsfield said:

Oh yes I can vouch for Terry's brakes, they are AWESOME, a bit noisy but still AWESOME :laugh:

See I knew I wasn't alone thinking awesome, and heh, less of the noisy lol

7 hours ago, Terryathome said:

See I knew I wasn't alone thinking awesome, and heh, less of the noisy lol

Very noisy :p:p at least we know we haven't lost you on blats :rolleyes:

Steve

• Haha 1

What do you have at the rear brakes wise?   do you have two brake cylinders and a bias bar?

On 12/09/2017 at 16:59, Robo said:

@SXRORY I'm not sure about the bias bar? Is that the normal looking type? Discs to the rear , 1 master cylinder? 

I had the same problem as you when i bought mine .... going to the floor and difficult to modulate. I have two cylinders and a bias bar so the brake pedal is pushing the two (front and back) via a bar on the pedal 

my rears were full of air (leaky drum cylinder ) so one was going to the floor and thus making fronts difficult to put any power into.  

but your not set up like that, but i suspect a good fluid change and bleed thorugh you' ll be right.  it was like a new car once I got the pedal back. 

Good luck

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.