Archive Photos

Jitterbug

Hi All,

I am a new Westfield owner with a pre-lit Q plated 1987 chassis'd car. The car bodywork has Comma Passion for performance stickers all over it and on the face of it looks to have been used as a race or hill climb car at some point. The V5 engine size of 1780cc and engine number hints at a previous more powerful engine install which is sadly no longer in the car. 

Are there any archive racing or hill climb photos on the forum or within the club? I have managed to find pictures of peoples build threads and the odd washed car ready for a trip out, but no historic pictures. 

Failing that is there any archive register or members cars within the club? 

Thanks

Mike 

can you tell us who the previous owners were?

I am going to speak to the DVLA next week and see if I can trace the previous owners. I will also sort a picture out. The car is in bits so I will get the main bodywork sections. 

Thanks

Mike 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Terry and Mark,

Quick update for you, I have spoken to the DVLA they could not tell me anything. So I have written in with a V888 form to request the previous owners details. It takes up to 4 weeks for a response, and there is no guarantee they will release the previous owners details. 

The guy I bought it from was called Jim Knight, based near Swindon. He has owned the car according to the V5 since November 2000. I have started a build thread with pictures of the disassembled car;

Unfortunately that is all I have to go on for now. I will update as and when I get a response from DVLA. 

Recognised from the Comma stickers... my best mate used to own that car :d It was in much better condition back then mind...