North Yorkshire. Up the coast and onto the Moors. Bank Holiday Weekend.

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

Our accommodation is all booked @Geoffrey (Buttercup) - North Yorkshire AO.

Time for Buttercup and Mrs P to go rack some more miles up together. :d

Not sure what time we will arrive Friday night so will meet up Saturday am after breakfast in the B and B. Let me know what time and where. :yes:

On 22 August 2017 at 18:27, Geoffrey (Buttercup) - North Yorkshire AO said:

That's brilliant @Ali and Gail

Where are you staying.

That will decide where we meet.

Managed to get all 3 nights in Scarborough at sensible money after 3 hours smashing the Internet. Late deals suddenly came on the Internet at midday On Tuesday thank god otherwise it was going to cost a fortune or we would have been miles away.

8 hours ago, Ali and Gail said:

Managed to get all 3 nights in Scarborough at sensible money after 3 hours smashing the Internet. Late deals suddenly came on the Internet at midday On Tuesday thank god otherwise it was going to cost a fortune or we would have been miles away.

Brilliant. There is a McDonalds next to the Morrisons Supermarket just as you leave Scarborough on the A64. This is the road to York. You cannot miss it. 

Shall we meet there at 8.30am on the Saturday morning. There is also fuel there as well.

I may also be in Scarborough on Friday teatime and will ring you on Friday to see if you fancy meeting up.

9 hours ago, Geoffrey (Buttercup) - North Yorkshire AO said:

Brilliant. There is a McDonalds next to the Morrisons Supermarket just as you leave Scarborough on the A64. This is the road to York. You cannot miss it. 

Shall we meet there at 8.30am on the Saturday morning. There is also fuel there as well.

I may also be in Scarborough on Friday teatime and will ring you on Friday to see if you fancy meeting up.

B and B breakfast earliest is 8.30 Saturday. Only there Friday night as at another one Saturday and Sunday. Best say 9.15 to 9.30 as need to eat, load car and get to you.

Maccys to meet sounds fine mate, cleans loos and good coffee lol

1 hour ago, Geoffrey (Buttercup) - North Yorkshire AO said:

Ok. See you then.

2 more sleeps

@Ali and Gail to save you lugging your luggage around on Saturday when you leave the hotel, you can leave it at my house if it's easier and we will pick it back up on the night. No worries if not.

1 hour ago, Geoffrey (Buttercup) - North Yorkshire AO said:

@Ali and Gail to save you lugging your luggage around on Saturday when you leave the hotel, you can leave it at my house if it's easier and we will pick it back up on the night. No worries if not.

That's very kind thankyou, we'll see how it all is Sat AM if that's ok

I will be joining you Saturday morning, see you at MacDonald about 9 for a bite and cuppa before setting out for the day. 

• Haha 1

Our weekend has already started. 

Sat in Buttercup near the Humber Bridge, waiting for Gail and Ali.

Full sunshine and I am roasting.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Dave-P-H said:

I will be joining you Saturday morning, see you at MacDonald about 9 for a bite and cuppa before setting out for the day. 

Excellent, we look forward to meeting you

Our day started leaving Brum to head for Scarborough just before 10am. Our routes always avoid motorways so it was cross country out through Atherstone, Market Bosworth with a stop at the new marina.

We then continued north of Leicester, Wymeswold and on to Newark to the Air Museum which if your into that sort of thing is well worth it. There were more B roads until we crossed over the Humber bridge to meet @Geoffrey (Buttercup) - North Yorkshire AO Somewhere on the way to Bridlington.

It was then on to Scarborough for fish and chips on the sea front washed down with lemon top ice cream.

We got to our B&B just gone 8 so a long day but well worth it. Well it was sunny and we were in Mrs P so what's not to love.

Off to the Dales in the morning, can't wait.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg