Charcoal or Gas

Kevin (Mr T)

I've had/used both, jumped on the gas bandwagon as I thought it was the future :down: - I've now gone back to charcoal, yes its slower to get to cooking temps and an art to light etc but I think the food tastes better plus after all the cooking is over you can sit around it and keep warm with a few bits of wood on it ...

Plus with charcoal there is an element of caveman to it with fire and smoke and stuff .. :yes: 

How old is " an old boy "  and what is the average age of a Westie owner???????????????????

image.thumb.png.628e264657e6db1d17d35941cf21f16d.png

Charcoal, with one of these bad boys to get it going! doesn't take any less time, it just makes them all the same temperature. Although there is an art to emptying onto the grill without setting your flip flops on fire.

My daughter's partner is a brilliant barbecue cook and spends hours setting it up with excellent results. I inherited a table top grill in my house and if used at high enough heat the fat ignites and chars the meat much like a charcoal barbecue. For my purposes that's enough as I'm less of a carnivore than I once was.

fxcoSfD.jpg

13 hours ago, chris parkin said:

image.thumb.png.628e264657e6db1d17d35941cf21f16d.png

Charcoal, with one of these bad boys to get it going! doesn't take any less time, it just makes them all the same temperature. Although there is an art to emptying onto the grill without setting your flip flops on fire.

I use two of these for my barrel. Can't ever see me filling mine with briquettes though :o