cycle tyres

Terry Everall

My Cannondale cyclocross CADDX bike has 35-622 ( 28x1.35 ) sammy slick tyres which are treaded. 
I want to change to full road going slicks so what size will fit my existing rims? and what make do you recommend

The existing trees are ok but I was considering a full blown thin road slick as I am now doing more road stuff

I use mine to ride to work. 700c wheel. The bike came with schwalbe kojack on which were fine but one got shredded by something  sharp and exploded. Replaced it with a gator skin and noticed no difference. great grip even in wet. No punctures yet. 

On 15/08/2017 at 18:43, terry everall said:

The existing trees are ok but I was considering a full blown thin road slick as I am now doing more road stuff

If just for fitness, larger diameter 'trees' :p will result in greater effort and quicker benefit.

If chasing friends then go thinner for quicker, with less comfort.

Maybe I will stick with the comfort for now as its only me a against  the clock on my rides

Excuse the spelling....    I used schwable marathons on my road used mountain bike.   Never punctured, quiet, good grip and low resistant.   I can't really comment on others of this type.   I just fitted 38 x 700c's on my wife's bike.   Hopefully no moaning punctures.

1 hour ago, DamperMan said:

Excuse the spelling....    I used schwable marathons on my road used mountain bike.   Never punctured, quiet, good grip and low resistant.   I can't really comment on others of this type.   I just fitted 38 x 700c's on my wife's bike.   Hopefully no moaning punctures.

+1

Used these for a few thousand miles on a few different bikes. Never punctured and low-ish resistance.

My drop handle bar road bikes  I use continental gatorgrips in the summer and conti 4 season in the winter.   Both have excellent punchure resistance until the they start getting thin.   But I think you'd struggle to get these in larger than a 28 or maybe 32.   I have 28's on my roubaix and 25's on my sectuer.   There's vertically no comfort difference between 23's and 28's  unless the tyre pressures are lowered accordingly.     110 in the 25's and 90 in the 28's.  In the 42 x 26 on my mountain bike I used about 50-60 psi and have put the same in the wife's bike with 38x700.