Springs & Seat Runners

stephenh

I have for sale one pair of springs,  8" long, 1.9" internal diameter, Westfield part number 3741163, said to be 200 lbs./in. although I think they may be nearer 225 lbs./in. How about £30 for the pair? Hardly used as they have just come off my XI which has 54 miles on the clock! I think Westfield spec. these for the Meg rang, but I cannot vouch for that.

Also a pair of springs, 7" long, 2.25" internal diameter, Westfield part number 3741069, 350 lbs./in.. £30 for the pair. Hardly used, as above. Might suit the front of a Westie using wide track suspension.

Also a pair of seat runners, for adjustable seat. Note, this is one pair, for one seat, not 2 pairs. Unused and in original box. SOLD.

All subject to carriage costs in addition.

Will do, but can't do it until tomorrow late afternoon or evening, or it might end up being Friday, by the time I can get photos taken and posted..

Right, Rusty Nuts, I'm not sure what you are wanting to know when you ask for dimensions of the seat runners, but they are Westfield factory runners, and they look like this:

IMGP5940.JPG

As you can see, they come with the nuts and bolts to fit, I think (I haven't even opened the packet!). And in the next 2 pics., one shows them as they would be on the bottom of the seat with the seat forward, and the other with the seat back. You bolt the top half of each runner to the underside of your seat. You can access the bottom of the top half by fully opening the runners if I remember correctly. If you are using Westfield seats you will find captive nuts in the bottom of the seats to run your bolts into. After market seats of the type you are likely to fit to a Westie should have the same, but not single skin seats which are designed to be bolted firmly in for racing. I know that the double skin JK Composites seats have captive bolts, and I should imagine Tillet seats do as well.

You then bolt the bottom half of the runners to the floor of your car, having first measured carefully where to drill the holes of course! As you will see from my first photo, there is a captive bolt welded to the bottom of each bottom runner to get you started.

IMGP5943.JPG

IMGP5944.JPG

Not sure what else I can tell you?

Hi Stephen, sorry to have caused you bother I have managed to find mine in the garage, I knew I had bought two but only used one (for the drivers seat). So I'm sorted now, good luck with the sale try locostbuilders as well if you don't have much luck here.

Rusty Nuts

Any takers? Reasonable offers may be considered.

Bump.

I'm surprised no-one wants any of these. No sensible offers.

I haven't even had any silly offers!!

Looks like the seat runners are sold, but I'm still open to offers on the springs, available in pairs.

I could deliver the springs to Harewood, on the Saturday, 16th. September, or to Curborough on 8th. October.

Bump.

The seat runners have gone, but the road springs are still available. I'm open to any half sensible offer.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.