Life after Westy's...earning my petrolhead stripes

B.RAD

On 12 August 2017 at 12:23, DonPeffers said:

Is it true that the Elise undertray could turn the car into a boat and aquaplane off the road in standing water?

Not sure if serious...

Ahh I remember that thread as was an active member on Norlog.

Elises, vx220s and exiges have poor drop links that on a lot of them people do not keep up to scratch they have been several examples of drop link failure on trackdays too. 

Aquaplaning also happened to me several times in my old exige but not because of drop links but because of standing water and A048s.

• Thanks 1

Any views/thoughts/opinion/experience of a Porsche 996 convertible?  Call me overly optimistic but I think I might have the missus tempted by one...

I hope you are not packing the speed series in Barny!

14 minutes ago, terry everall said:

I hope you are not packing the speed series in Barny!

Sorry Tel, I can honestly say I'll be completely gutted, but I'm afraid I'm getting nearer and nearer to the conclusion that my time with the westfield is coming to an end. I'm not there just yet though, and I'll be around in one form or another! 

How come @BCF?

When I met you in MK you were literally buzzing about the SS

It's the best!! It really is. I absolutely love it and have had a brilliant time. The paddock support, banter and comraderie is like nothing else, it's really clear that we are the friendliest most supportive group out there, and that is FANTASTIC!

Life moves on I suppose. I feel like I've achieved what I set out to achieve and have a whole load of car ownership itches to scratch, and I can't do that with all my investment tied up in the Westfield. But whatever happens, one thing is for sure - I will be back!

• Like 1

Thanks for the support Tel :rolleyes: Ironic link to the post above!! :laugh:

I hope I don't regret it too, but if I do, that's also life. If I kept everything I'd be on one of those hoarder shows by now!!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BCF said:

Any views/thoughts/opinion/experience of a Porsche 996 convertible?  Call me overly optimistic but I think I might have the missus tempted by one...

996s are very underrated cars, I've had one and my dads had one for the last 12 years that has to be one of the very best around. Now go into ownership with your eyes wide open I am not scaremongering and thoroughly recommend one, but stick with a tin top much better handling than the convertable, and make sure it is a manual.

I know a lot about these cars so PM me if you want any further information.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Thanks Mark, appreciate it :yes:

I'm not there yet, but may give you a shout if I ever get close to making a purchase.