New owner saying hello

GaryR1983

Good evening,

I signed up a week or so ago after seeing a car in the classifieds that took my fancy,
That car turned out to not be the one for me, A motorway closure on the way home from viewing it meant a detour that ended up in a little pub,
Sitting waiting for food to arrive, I had a quick look at cars for sale and something new had appeared on another site,

Phone call or 2 later and a bit of a wait while someone else who got in first viewed it, And I was winging my way over the Irish sea to pick it up.

It's a Westfield Aerorace S2000... Turns out the owner used to be fairly active on here and the car is a real credit to him, I've still not found the hidden fault every used car comes with.

Plans are to do a few trackdays between now and winter, And then a strip down and reassemble to IVA standards in time for spring.
I know that this won't be the easiest way of doing it but it's too late for that now

1 quick picture of the car and a million questions to come in the coming days, weeks and months.

look forward to getting to know some of you

Regards

Gary

472283.jpg

• Like 3

:ww: from another s2000 owner.

l saw that car for sale, great spec am I right in thinking it had a sequential gearbox?

Yes, welcome.

Ì haven't seen the car before. So it's not road legal.?

Should be an interesting, if unconventional, journey.  As you're aware there are lots of people here ready to help.  

It would also be great to document your (re)build perhaps as a build thread on here for future reference???

:ww: from the Midlands and the car looks great!

Thank you for the warm welcome,

That's correct Sycho, The car does have a sequential gearbox..

Craighew, No the car isn't registered, It was built as a sprint car, The owner only got it out half a dozen times though so it's like new.
A build/Rebuild thread will be a must.