Woolley Moor Show, Sat 12th August

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Meet at Artist's Corner Car Park, Matlock, DE4 3PS at 11.00 to leave at 11.15am. From there follow me for a 20 minute journey to get to the show. We can have a look around this small village show including sampling the BBQ and home baked cakes before watching the military flypast at 2.10pm. I think then we will be ready to take to our cars and have a drive around.

Public entrance is £3 but I think if you display it is free entry. There are all the usual attractions like falconry flying, dog agility, flower arranging, brass bands, cake, did I mention the cakes, cars, tractors etc.

Anyone want to join us?

At a 60th birthday party (not mine)...sorry.

Have fun

Away at a big RAF reunion in Wiltshire so can't make this one sorry. 

Hooray, there is someone else out there that has not got a party lifestyle like some @Trevturtle @Ali and Gail :d

Alright then Chris, we will look out for you cruising up and down Matlock Bath :d weather forecast is good at the moment too!

• Haha 1

We are going to call in at Curborough for breakfast before heading up to Matlock to join you!

• Like 2

Count me in - bringing Pete. :) C U at Artists Corner Car Park where ever that is!

• Like 1

Wow, I am impressed, what a journey Andrew. Well I can inform you that there are no sex shops to navigate by, so you will just have to come through the shops of Matlock, and when you get trees either side of the road, the car park is fairly quickly on the left. There are yellow fixed speed cameras (40mph) just near the entrance.

For the Westfield Incontinence Society there are toilets in the car park.

• Like 1

Can't make this one, sorry. Sounds like a great day out. Have fun.

See you at Matlock Alan and we will hopefully catch Billy another time, be nice to see you again soon.

Can't make this one either, see everyone soon, hopefully!

Oh wow, if a day has a Lancaster Bomber AND a Spitfire in,  add in some Westfields and great people, it just has to be a good day, brilliant in fact.

Chris and Mo, Alan, Andrew and son Pete met at Matlock, with Martyn and Sue coming straight from Curborough Breakfast Meet, which sounded like it was a good start to the day.

DSC01306.JPG

Andrew, who is your pin up boy for the WSCC calendar this month, decided we all needed to do a panorama shot. None came out very good and this is my best shot.

DSC01308.JPG

We went to Woolley Moor Show where all the show cars had got there early (it opens at 12) so we had to park by the tractors. The show is in a lovely setting, high up in the countryside.

DSC01316.JPG

We all did our own thing until the fly past at 2.10pm. Obviously we went to eat cake, if you aren't driving what better thing is there to do? 3 pieces for me and 2 for Glen.

DSC01318.JPG

We found some cute twins

DSC01319.JPG

Andrew won a Minion for his son, Pete, who, by the way, is about 20 something.

DSC01321.JPG

Then it was the highlight of the day, oh the sound is just heart wrenching.

DSC01325.JPG

Afterwards we went for a MAJOR pose through Matlock Bath, it was heaving with tourists. The brill thing is that the roads are clear because everybody is already there, if you know what I mean. We called at Ca**ington Water for a brew, and jam and cream scones before Andrew and Chris followed me home on the back roads, now avoiding Matlock as it would be busy at this time of day.

A great day out and thank you to everyone for joining us

DSC01331.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What a brilliant day. 

Good cake, good coffee, good run, stunning air display, and er! Good company. 

Thanks again folks. 

Arrrrr! Video of the Lanc & Spitfire toooo big to upload on here.....

Thank you for your kind words @Chris Emm it makes all the planning and day worthwhile when I read things like that.Try this

• Like 1