Gearbox required - all options considered

B.RAD

2 hours ago, BCF said:

@Plays-Kool to the rescue! Thanks Luke, you're a legend :t-up:

Hopefully will be all sorted for Loton now.

Only if you promise not to beat me, otherwise I'm busy till September  :p

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BCF said:

@Plays-Kool to the rescue! Thanks Luke, you're a legend :t-up:

Hopefully will be all sorted for Loton now.

@BCF if you need help moving the box i can bring it part way from my place to MK next week, Tuesday pm or Thursday pm).

Ian

Thanks Ian, that's really kind, I think the plan is for @John to bring down from Luke to Daventry area (not sure exactly where Mr Loudon lives?) and for me to collect from there. Can't remember whereabouts you are based Ian?

I thought that was it but couldn't remember for certain! Beautiful part of the world. Will hold your kind offer in mind, thanks mate :yes:

Barny 

Any more insight into why it failed?

David

No idea David, Windy seems to think it has been faulty for a while, but not in anyway that has been apparent - no noises or issues shifting or anything. It was full of oil too. Only thing I can think is that the oil got too hot on track, or maybe there was some underlying issue?

Windy has put a load of photos on Facebook.

49 minutes ago, BCF said:

Windy has put a load of photos on Facebook.

Can you put a link up to them?

Lol, it's like vultures circling the dead! You lot have a morbid fascination!

what was the history of the box?  I thought it was a high spec.  just seems strange to fail like this.

Yes it is/was a high spec. It had a full rebuild by Windy in early 2015. Quaife HD Pro straight cut gearset (exactly the same as the one you sent me a copy of the invoice for, except std casing). It's done about 650 - 700 miles, quite a few of those on a stock 170bhp XE engine. The current spec engine was fitted March/April last year. Done I think three to five trackdays, the rest just sprints and some road miles. Windy thinks it's an issue that's been there a while, but I'm not so sure, had no strange noises, was really quiet in operation, no issues with gear selection. There's no clear prognosis, just that it's rubber ducked!

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.