Side Stripes?? Now fitted pics

SXRORY

it feels like at least 5 minutes since I bought something for the car and I'm considering some side stripes on ebay for a different look and to break up the blue. These work out at apx 10bhp per side I think. So significant gains to be had ;)

as usual cant make a decison on me todd, what do you think? the below car with the stripes on looks a bit more modern so a bit unsure. I suppose its only £25 if it looks a bit plop  

anyway yay or nay ?

IMG_20170119_135310.thumb.jpg.93947cab4a3b3368425ff5aef941fb8d.jpg 

IMG_20170816_083214.jpg

My first impress was....what a clean looking car.

Based on that I would say no for me as I think it looks really clean and smart.

i had the on mine when I bought it, after a few years I removed them and gained 20bhp.

• Like 1

Also the car below is a caterham I reckon!

• Like 1

Just for balance, I'd say go for it. Personally I'd want to break up all that colour. Can you get it in black....might not be so much in your face, although I like the white myself...

Mart.

• Like 1

Do you wheels black, fit black arch protectors and a black boot box cover :)

51 minutes ago, RussH said:

Do you wheels black, fit black arch protectors and a black boot box cover :)

Russ ! This was a £25 operation not £300 :d

57 minutes ago, Mighty Mart said:

Just for balance, I'd say go for it. Personally I'd want to break up all that colour. Can you get it in black....might not be so much in your face, although I like the white myself...

Mart.

They do indeed do a black one....although you don't tend to blend in a Westfield, they are quite in your face. 

I would say go for it. I like the strips and there only £25.

Single black stripe from front to back over the top of the car.  Nothing else on the car is white so that colour would always look wrong.  I'm renown for my good taste. :cool:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rory's Dad said:

I'm not convinced by the power gains/losses. I'd leave it as it is...

... I'll never listen to you Dad, I think I need to find my own way now! :d...

It all about half half on the opinions :rolleyes: ....lol. I might take some paper from the office and stick it to the side see what I think. 

I added those same stripes to mine. I much prefer the look of the car with them on but it is, of course, down to personal taste.

stripe.jpg.6ec4233b51a77a442bf794518ececf20.jpg

My advice would be to give them a go as you have little to lose (£25 and an hour or two of your time). If you don't like them, just take them off.

A few things to ponder:

• I would say that the positioning (height) is important for it to look right. I have them just above the swage line in the tub.
  • How are you going to deal with where the sticker meets the exhaust outlet? You will probably lose the the chequered flag end on that side.
  • What happens at the rear arch end?

Good luck.

• Like 1

I recently fitted some stickers to the bonnet of mine to break up the colour. It was a tough decision and took some getting used to seeing them but I'm happy with the results, and as said above you can always take them off.

IMG_5269.thumb.JPG.74009262b6714a76810ef9c1db88345a.JPG

I'd go offset thick and thin white stripe next to each other from front to back :yes:

• Like 1