Westfield fix your website!

Snappy

Just had it when I tried.

(From an iPad/Safari.)

Googled WSCC, the second hit down, for the forum took me straight to

IMG_0691.PNG

The URL displayed for the link on the Google result was http://forum.wscc.co.uk/

Yep me too!

I'm looking into it right now - can't see anything obvious yet...

Just Apple...?

I've not had it, yet, on pc or android.

Only happened from my iPhone not my MacBook. Cleared the iPhone cache and rebooted. Didn't happen again (yet).

Not sure if this is coming "from" our site/server or if it is one of the common ad-hijacks that seem to abound  - where free apps that use ads to pay for use have dodgy scripts that then feed spam links to your browser via javascript and cookies.

Seems oddly coincidental though that we are getting several reports of this all of a sudden - however, how often do any of us actually search Google for "WSCC"?

27 minutes ago, Andy Banks - Chairman said:

Just Apple...?

I've not had it, yet, on pc or android.

Just tried on android and got it. Like I'd want an iPhone!

Screenshot_20170806-195108.thumb.png.edfb757212a33f046f801dc73ac955f0.png

Done a bit of checking (including the source code) and nothing suspicious so far

Screen Shot 2017-08-06 at 20.41.53.png

and https://www.virustotal.com/en-gb/url/df8c747aa2bde4a3c31a13db353ccd026428d2589f2b336a01e6af3ce397ee1f/analysis/1502048812/

However - the forum is HUGE - so no way I can check every single bit of code (especially when it is provided by a third party)

Hi Chris, fwiw I've had this for about 6 weeks, intermittently. Only on the android os, never ever on pc, not on windows phone (noone targets WP!). Not sure if you can capture a network trace on android - I don't know the is well, but shout if I can help with any testing or repros.

Thanks Andy. I might be in touch with some requests. 

At least that clears the new forum software update. And if it was the old software then chances are the update and subsequent re indexing and caching will probably have fixed it. 

Intrigued to know if it originated here or is it a coincidence that we are a target?

Thanks everyone for your efforts with this. Much appreciated.

The big question is:

does this happen for anyone ONLY when you land on our forum or Have you had dodgy results for a few other random Google searches?

And the other question. 

Anyone getting this on a desktop or laptop? Or is it just android and iPhone?

1 hour ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

The big question is:

does this happen for anyone ONLY when you land on our forum or Have you had dodgy results for a few other random Google searches?

No other occurrences on any other Google searches. It only occurs (for me) when using the Google search and clicking on the result. Using my saved bookmark is fine.