Taller windscreen

Weekend Warrior

As a taller driver I my line of sight is slightly obstructed by the top corner of the window frame so to compensate I hunch down a bit .

I understand the 250 sport windscreen is taller than than the normal one which has got me thinking ,how much taller is it ,would it be possible to fit one to my 2012 FW wide bodied car if so can I buy one from the factory and how much ?

thanks 

Steve 

Just put a tape on my 250 screen, it's 345mm tall (underside to top of frame) in the centre.

Mines not heated though, not sure if they do a heated version?

I enquired earlier this year, the taller screen is about 50mm higher and is for a wide body, if you have side screens (doors) you will also need the taller ones, also if you have a half hood or full hood these are different as well.

Prices are on the westfield parts site.

Ian

• Like 1

If you can't beat them, join them - go aeroscreen

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RussH said:

If you can't beat them, join them - go aeroscreen

I'm about to list an original westfield aeroscreen for sale if its of interest!  Just need to take some pictures!

Pm me if its of interest per Russ's idea!

Thanks for the replies so far I've not got any wet gear yet and have a lowered floor ,although 50 mm doesn't seem a lot it would give I feel better vision ,anyone know how much they are to buy ?

I looked on the Westfield parts site but couldn't see the taller screen .

i have doors in great condition so could sell and get the bigger ones.

Steve

I'm a bit tall and it stopped me buying a westfield originally. I couldn't live with looking through the screen trim.

Lowered floors and sport turbo seats lowered me enough to be happy. Rear view mirror's a bit of a pain though...

The bigger doors are pricey at 424 quid. And there's a bit of an issue with the vinyl staying stuck to them at present aswell.

If you've already got the screen pillars then you'll just need the glass with frame so best give the parts dept a buzz. I checked my Invoice for mine but it was listed as a full kit. If you have a standard screen the supports will need tilting back slightly as the screen is reclined a bit more but you would need to fit to suit the doors.

No heated option at present in the taller screen afaik. When i ordered mine last year it was something they were looking into but I've not heard anyone get one yet.

I'm 6ft4 and am well below the screen frame. The 50mm extra does make a difference.

• Like 1

i had same problem so i took the seat off runners too,problem solved

I agree with the above - take the seat adjustment rails off the seat and mount it directly to the floor and you'll buy a good bit of room. I'm 6'4" and the standard screen works well for me with the dropped floors, Sport Turbo seats and a direct seat mount.

dave

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got round to ordering one today prices not available on website so for those who want to know the cost is

£239.40 

you also need the padded box for delivery £35 ish wasn't paying attention as I'm going to pick it up .

Steve

24 minutes ago, Weekend Warrior said:

Finally got round to ordering one today prices not available on website so for those who want to know the cost is

£239.40 

That is glass and frame, unheated?

What is the lead time, or do they have stock?

Ian

Glass and Frame ,unheated  ,no stock around 4 weeks I was told ..

Steve

On 10/08/2017 at 19:47, Weekend Warrior said:

Glass and Frame ,unheated

This is in black and without the uprights? Are you going to use the standard supports? Thinking of doing the same thing (6ft5)